High-speed biker arrested from DelhiApril 1st, 2008 - 12:14 am ICT by admin
Noida (Uttar Pradesh), March 31 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh Police have arrested a high-speed biker who reportedly rode his motorcycle on one wheel for 12 km at 100 km per hour on Noida-Greater Noida Expressway in an attempt to enter the Limca Book of Records. Superintendent of Police (City) R.K. Gautam said the police arrested Gurpreet Singh from his residence at Geeta Colony in Delhi.
The incident took place in the early hours of Saturday when Gurmeet and his friends reached the expressway here to attempt and break the record.
The police said that Gurmeet was arrested for endangering the life of other commuters with his irresponsible act.
Frequent use of expressway by speed buffs and adventure enthusiast has prompted the police to put CCTVs on the expressway.
- Noida expressway to have CCTVs to check speed buffs - Mar 30, 2008
- Villagers demand toll tax waiver at Yamuna Expressway - Aug 16, 2012
- Yamuna Expressway opens, cutting Delhi-Agra run to 150 minutes - Aug 09, 2012
- Yamuna Expressway to be aligned Agra-Lucknow highway - Aug 28, 2012
- Jaypee's expressway to Taj cuts run from Delhi to 150 minutes (Roundup) - Aug 09, 2012
- Speeding call centre cab crushes traffic cop - Sep 28, 2011
- Akhilesh Yadav to speed up Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor - Aug 11, 2012
- Delhi-Agra run cut by half as Yamuna Expressway opens (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Five die in Yamuna Expressway accident - Aug 29, 2012
- Opposition leaders arrested at Greater Noida - May 09, 2011
- Check the speed! Expressway accidents cause concern - Sep 01, 2012
- Congress defends Rahul's visit to farmers' village - May 11, 2011
- Policeman crushed to death by speeding bus in Noida - Dec 12, 2010
- Mayawati responsible for farmer-police clash: Mulayam - May 09, 2011
- Yamuna Expressway awaits Akhilesh nod (With Image) - Mar 21, 2012