High security for Dalai Lama’s visit to Bodh GayaJanuary 3rd, 2010 - 12:55 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Jan 3 (IANS) High security arrangements were put in place for the visit of Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama to Bodh Gaya in Bihar where Lord Buddha attained enlightenment.
The Dalai Lama will spend a week in Bodh Gaya, starting Jan 4. He will pray at the Mahabodhi temple, said Tenzing Lama of the Tibetan monastery at Bodh Gaya.
“A fool proof security will be in place for Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama’s visit to Bodh Gaya as he faces serious threat to his life,” an official said Sunday.
Tenzing Lama said Dalai Lama will give a five-day programme of teachings at Bodh Gaya from Jan 5-9.
“Over 50,000 people from all over the world are expected to assemble at Bodh Gaya’s Kalchakra Maidan to hear a discourse by the Dalai Lama,” he said.
Thousands of Tibetans have already arrived in Bodh Gaya from all across India to attend Dalai Lama’s meeting. A local police officer said Bodh Gaya has turned into a mini-Tibet with the huge gathering of Tibetans.
The 1,500-years-old holiest Buddhist shrine Mahabodhi temple at Bodh Gaya, 110 km from here, is where the Buddha attained enlightenment 2,550 years ago.
- Gere in Bodh Gaya to attend Dalai Lama's discourse - Jan 02, 2012
- Dalai Lama begins Bodh Gaya trip - Jan 04, 2010
- Dalai Lama prays at Bodh Gaya ahead of Kalachakra puja - Dec 31, 2011
- Dalai Lama to visit Bodh Gaya in January - Nov 20, 2009
- Holy mess: Filth, mismanagement disgusts foreigners at Bodh Gaya event - Jan 08, 2012
- Monks upset over Dalai Lama not raising temple issue - May 28, 2010
- Buddhist body loses cool after power cut in Bodh Gaya - Mar 10, 2011
- Richard Gere campaigns to turn Bodh Gaya into vegetarian zone - Jan 07, 2010
- Buddhist monasteries closed for third day in Bodh Gaya - Mar 12, 2011
- Buddhist monks in India pray for quake victims - Mar 13, 2011
- Dala Lama's security tightened at Bodh Gaya - Jan 07, 2012
- Bihar Police confirm terror threat to Dalai Lama event - Jan 07, 2012
- Shutdown in Bodh Gaya against anti-encroachment drive - Aug 08, 2011
- Dalai Lama returns to Dharamsala - Jan 16, 2010
- Online donation to Bodh Gaya temple begins - Mar 04, 2010