High profile board of HI’s leagueJuly 25th, 2012 - 9:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 25 (IANS) Indian Premier League (IPL) chairman Rajeev Shukla, senior BJP politician Arun Jaitley and eminent media personality Rajat Sharma have been named on the board of the high-profile Hockey India’s (HI) proposed league that will be held in January-February.
Hockey India (HI) secretary-general Narinder Batra, who will also be the league’s chairman, said the appointments of these personalities from outside hockey circles would enhance the profile of the league.
“We are honoured that Rajeev Shukla, Arun Jaitley and Rajat Sharma have accepted our invitation to be on the Board,” he said.
“We are sure that the Hockey India League will gain from Mr. Shukla’s knowledge gained as Chairman of the Indian Premier League Governing Council and in public life, Mr. Jaitley’s vast experience as lawyer and sports administrator and Mr. Rajat Sharma’s experience as a media personality,” Batra said.
- India Cements eyes Hockey India League franchise - Sep 18, 2012
- Hockey India's league in January with six teams - Jun 01, 2012
- Patel-Uniexcel buy Hockey India League Ranchi franchise - Sep 14, 2012
- Dwyer and Sardar will be face of Hockey India League - Sep 18, 2012
- Sahara India renews sponsorship deal with Hockey India - Feb 08, 2012
- Hockey India inducts Hockey Bhopal in its fold - Sep 13, 2012
- Sahara pick up Lucknow franchise of HI League - Jul 23, 2012
- Hockey India paid higher hosting fee for World Cup: Gill - Jun 08, 2011
- Six top Indian hockey players pull out of WSH - Nov 30, 2011
- Sahara to renew sponsorship of Indian hockey - Feb 07, 2012
- HI, IHF make headway in resolving hockey crisis - Jul 14, 2011
- 14 Pakistanis sign up for Hockey India League auction - Sep 09, 2012
- 90 Indian players sign up for Hockey India league - Sep 12, 2012
- FIH president Negre to meet HI, IHF next week - Apr 07, 2012
- Hockey India to pursue Leslie's quest for lost gold medals - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: appointments, batra, circles, governing council, India, invitation, ipl, january february, lawyer, media personality, narinder, New Delhi, personalities, politician, premier league, rajat sharma, secretary general, sports administrator