High Court too orders CBI probe into doctor’s murderJuly 14th, 2011 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 14 (IANS) The Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court Thursday ordered a CBI inquiry into the custodial murder of Lucknow deputy chief medical officer Y.S. Sachan who was found dead in mysterious circumstances in the district jail premises June 22.
The order came after a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) moved by journalist Sachidanand Gupta who sought a CBI probe into the doctor’s death that was initially dismissed by the police as ’suicide’, a court official told reporters.
The PIL was taken up for hearing Tuesday. A division bench comprising Justice Pradeep Kant and Justice Ritu Raj Awasthi who heard the arguments reserved their verdict, which was pronounced Thursday morning.
In a sudden turn of events Wednesday evening, Chief Minister Mayawati took the decision to hand over the investigations in the case to the CBI.
- Mayawati orders CBI probe into medical officer's death (Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- Court verdict on CBI probe into doctor's murder July 14 - Jul 12, 2011
- Mayawati orders CBI probe into doctors' killing, medical graft - Jul 20, 2011
- Mayawati orders CBI probe into medical officer's death (Second Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- New twist in demand for probe into health mission funds - Jul 25, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh questioned on health scheme funds - Jul 18, 2011
- Decision for CBI probe delayed, says Sachan's brother - Jul 13, 2011
- Court reserves judgment on Uttar Pradesh rural health scam - Sep 16, 2011
- CBI to probe rural health scheme in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Nov 15, 2011
- Court rejects CBI probe plea in medical officer's death - Jun 24, 2011
- CBI to probe Uttar Pradesh medical officers' killings - Jul 27, 2011
- Lucknow custodial death: Supreme Court favours independent probe - Jul 08, 2011
- Register murder case, demands Uttar Pradesh doctor's wife (Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
- Supreme Court to hear Sachan death case Friday - Jul 07, 2011
- CBI begins probe in Sachan death - Jul 15, 2011
Tags: allahabad high court, awasthi, cbi inquiry, cbi probe, chief minister, district jail, division bench, gupta, journalist, july 14, kant, Mayawati, medical officer, mysterious circumstances, pradeep, premises, public interest litigation, ritu raj, thursday morning, wednesday evening