High court stays NRIs’ admission against reserved seatsJune 18th, 2009 - 9:06 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, June 18 (IANS) The Madhya Pradesh High Court has stayed the admissions of Non-Residential Indians (NRIs)to private engineering colleges of the state against reserved seats on a ‘first come first serve’ basis, a petitioner said Thursday.
According to petitioner Nitin Saxena, central and private organisations had invited admissions to 700 seats for this year’s B.E. course through counselling and the NRIs took admissions against reserved seats, which was against the rules.
He requested the court to order that admissions to private engineering colleges be conducted in accordance with the existing rules and regulations.
Hearing the plea Wednesday, the bench of Chief Justice A.K. Patnaik and Justice Ajit Singh stayed the admissions and issued notices to the state government, the commission and the secretary of Madhya Pradesh Technical Education and the Central Technical Educational Council, asking them to reply to the petitioner’s contentions within two weeks.
- Can't touch seats reserved for OBC students: Apex court (Lead) - Aug 03, 2011
- Apex court warns private medical colleges against lapses - Jun 30, 2011
- Central varsities' OBC quota petition to be heard Monday (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011
- Apex court warns private medical colleges against lapses (Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
- No OBC reservation in minority institutions: Court - Jun 25, 2012
- Can't deny education to students on bonafide mistakes: Court - Aug 04, 2012
- Court seeks Delhi varsity view on OBC quota in minority colleges - Jun 22, 2012
- Gujarat law exam hit by reservation row - May 09, 2012
- Apex court to hear central varsities' OBC quota petition Monday - Jul 01, 2011
- OBC's 10 percent relief is on eligibility marks: Apex court - Aug 18, 2011
- No stay on sub-quota quashing to hit 325 IIT aspirants - Jun 13, 2012
- Zero in exam? In Andhra, you can still get admission - Jul 07, 2012
- Nursery admissions on course as court reserves order (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Apex court suspends Allahabad High Court's anti-quota order - Aug 11, 2009
- Government's view sought on poor students' admission to KVs - Mar 10, 2012