High Court seeks inquiry report on Shanno’s death in 10 daysMay 4th, 2009 - 2:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 4 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Monday asked the government to file a detailed inquiry report on the death of 11-year-old Shanno, who died last month following corporal punishment in school.
The court issued notice and asked the government to file an inquiry report within the next 10 days.
Shanno, a student of a government school here, slipped into coma April 15 and died, two days after she was allegedly punished by her teacher.
- Court seeks child rights body's report on Shanno's death - May 14, 2009
- Court seeks government, police's response on Shanno's death (Lead) - May 04, 2009
- Court notice to Delhi government, MCD over poor conditions in schools - Sep 19, 2012
- Shanno Foundation launched to curb corporal punishment - May 27, 2009
- Delhi CM expresses shock over student's torture, death - Apr 17, 2009
- FIR lodged against teacher for Delhi student's death - Apr 17, 2009
- National child rights body condemns torture, death of Delhi girl - Apr 17, 2009
- Shanno died of epilepsy, police tell court - Jul 17, 2009
- Vishva-Bharati row: Court issues contempt notice against PM, others - Jul 13, 2012
- Hyderabad boy dies after corporal punishment, teacher booked - Sep 14, 2012
- School teachers for disabled: Court questions selection board - Jul 11, 2011
- Delhi corporal punishment victim to be compensated - Mar 21, 2012
- Bengal to bar students, teachers from political rallies - Sep 15, 2011
- Punished by teacher, 11-year-old girl goes into coma - Apr 16, 2009
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers suspended for beating student - Jul 21, 2012