High court seeks government’s clarification on Tejinder Singh’s pleaMarch 30th, 2012 - 3:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 30 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Friday asked the government to clarify whether the press release issued on March 5 containing allegations against Lt. Gen. (retired) Tejinder Singh was issued by the government or army officers, including the army chief, in their individual capacity.
Lt. Gen. Tejinder Singh has moved the court seeking directions to the Army HQ to withdraw the press release. He alleged that on March 5, a press release issued by the army headquarters levelled serious allegation against him.
Justice Mukta Gupta asked the government’s advocate to inform the court by April 27 whether the press release was issued by the government or the army officers in their individual capacity after seeking instructions from the defence ministry.
- Press release issued by army: Government to court - May 07, 2012
- Government given more time to respond to Tejinder's plea - Apr 27, 2012
- High court seeks government's clarification on Tejinder Singh's plea (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Government: Press release issued by army (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Court to rule on summoning of army chief May 5 - Apr 26, 2012
- Army chief can face action for defamation, rules court - May 24, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Third lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Tejinder's plea against army chief sent to another court (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Tejinder Singh files defamation case against army chief (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Army ex-chief faces court, granted bail in defamation case (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Court order on plea against V.K. Singh's bail Sep 19 (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Court rejects plea to cancel ex-army chief's bail - Sep 19, 2012
- Former army chief opposes plea to cancel his bail - Aug 24, 2012
- Files sought in army chief defamation case - May 18, 2012
- Defamation case: Bail for Gen. V.K. Singh, four officers (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: advocate, allegation against, allegations, army chief, army headquarters, army officers, clarification on, defence ministry, delhi high court, gupta, lt, mukta, New Delhi, plea, Press Release, tejinder singh