High court reserves decision on Rathore’s revision petitionAugust 10th, 2010 - 10:40 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 10 (IANS) The Punjab and Haryana High Court here Tuesday reserved its decision pertaining to the revision petition filed by disgraced former Haryana police chief S.P.S. Rathore, convicted for molesting teenager Ruchika Girhotra who later committed suicide.
Rathore, 68, was sentenced to 18 months rigorous imprisonment by the district and sessions court of Chandigarh and he had filed a revision petition challenging the sentence term.
Earlier in the day, Abha Rathore, the former police chief’s wife and counsel, completed her rebuttal arguments. While reserving the pronouncement, Justice Jitendra Chauhan also told the lawyers of all parties to submit their written petitions, if they have any, by 4 p.m. Wednesday.
The high court was hearing the arguments on the revision petition of Rathore on a day-to-day hearing basis for an hour every day since July 2.
Rathore, the former Haryana director general of police, was sent to Burail jail here May 25 after the court upheld his conviction in the molestation case by a CBI special court in December and enhanced his jail term to 18 months.
He was sentenced to six months rigorous imprisonment and fined Rs.1,000 by the CBI special court. He was immediately granted bail then.
- Rathore's bail plea hearing adjourned to July 1 - Jun 29, 2010
- Hearing adjourned on Rathore plea till Friday - Jul 01, 2010
- Court defers decision on Rathore's bail plea (Lead) - Jun 03, 2010
- High court adjourns Rathore's bail plea hearing till Monday - May 28, 2010
- Rathore's bail plea hearing adjourned till July 1 (Lead) - Jun 29, 2010
- Rathore's appeal dismissed in Ruchika molestation case - Sep 01, 2010
- Rathore seeks bail from high court - May 26, 2010
- High court defers hearing in Rathore's case till Tuesday - May 31, 2010
- Court to hear Rathore's plea daily (Lead) - Jul 01, 2010
- Rathore's bail plea hearing deferred till Wednesday - Jun 01, 2010
- Rathore applies for parole to look after crops - Aug 27, 2010
- No immediate relief for Rathore in bail plea (Lead) - May 26, 2010
- Court hears Rathore's bail plea, decision Thursday (Lead) - Jun 02, 2010
- Rathore taken to hospital for tests; discharged - Jun 06, 2010
- Rathore walks out of jail, smiling - Nov 12, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,