High court rejects Nupur Talwar’s bail plea (Lead)May 31st, 2012 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
Allahabad, May 31 (IANS) The Allahabad High Court Thursday rejected the bail plea of Nupur Talwar who along with her husband has been charged by the CBI with murders of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj in Noida in 2008.
A single-judge bench of Justice Arvind Kumar Tripathi refused to grant bail to Nupur Talwar, a prime accused in the double murder case. She is currently lodged in Ghaziabad’s Dasna jail. Her husband Rajesh Talwar, the other prime accused, is out on bail.
Nupur Talwar had moved the high court after a special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court in Ghaziabad turned down her bail plea.
Amit Srivastava, counsel for Nupur Talwar, pleaded before the high court that his client was innocent and was being framed in the murder case. He said the CBI, in its closure report, had given her a clean chit in the case.
The CBI court had on May 25 formally framed charges against the dentist couple in the case. CBI special judge S. Lal said there was prima facie adequate basis to charge the couple.
The court charged the Talwars under sections 302/34 (murder with common intention) and 201 (destruction of evidence with common intention) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). In addition to these, the court charged Rajesh Talwar under section 203 (giving false information respecting an offence committed) of IPC.
The duo, however, pleaded innocence.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents’ Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- SC notice to CBI on Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Post-mortem doctor deposes in court - Jul 24, 2012
- Justice will one day prevail, say Rajesh and Nupur Talwar - Jun 07, 2012
- CBI opposes Nupur Talwar's bail plea - Aug 09, 2012
- Aarushi case: SC rejects Nupur Talwar's review plea (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Magistrate appears as witness - Jul 18, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Defence says witness doctor unreliable - Jul 25, 2012
- SC rejects plea, Talwars vow to nail Aarushi killers (Second Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- SC rejects plea, Talwars vow to nail Aarushi killers (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Aarushi case: Hearing adjourned till June 8 (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Talwars formally charged with murders - May 25, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: adequate basis, allahabad high court, arvind kumar, bail plea, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, clean chit, closure report, domestic help, double murder case, false information, indian penal code, ipc, lal, noida, nupur, rajesh, special judge, talwar, tripathi