High court directs plea on DDA scam to another benchJanuary 28th, 2009 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 28 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday disposed of a petition over the irregularities in the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) housing scam and asked the petitioner to approach another court for relief.A division bench headed by Chief Justice Ajit Prakash Shah and Justice Sanjeev Khanna directed Rajesh Kumar to approach another bench of the high court, as several other petitions of the same nature were pending there.
“It’s a serious issue and the matter is already under scrutiny and investigations are on. Moreover, a single bench is already dealing with various petitions on the same nature; so take your grievance there,” said the court.
Rajesh Kumar, who works with the Indian Air Force, had filed a petition in the court that the DDA had illegally and arbitrarily allotted the flats and the Dec 16 draw of lots should be cancelled.
“The draw of lots made by the DDA is illegal, arbitrary and grossly against the public policy and there are sufficient proofs to show that the draw suffers from malpractices coupled with the irregular and irresponsible conduct of DDA,” the petition said.
He said many applications were filed using fake names and the authority had failed to verify these, leading to the allotment of flats to dubious applicants.
DDA allotted over 5,000 flats through a draw of lots in which 5,67,000 applications were considered.
The flats cost between Rs.700,000 to Rs.7.7 million and are located in areas like Dwarka, Rohini and Vasant Kunj.
- DDA irregularities: No housing allotment till probe is over - Mar 30, 2009
- DDA's controversial draw of flats now before court - Jan 06, 2009
- Court pulls up DDA over delay in allotting plots (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Complete Rohini plot demarcation by Oct 30, court tells DDA - Sep 23, 2011
- Registrar of societies fined Rs.10,000 - Apr 24, 2011
- Court asks DDA for records on 2004 housing scheme - Mar 24, 2010
- Nod given for occupying flats in Dwarka society, court told - Nov 21, 2011
- Rohini plots to be allotted by 2013, DDA tells court (Lead) - Sep 13, 2011
- Refund flat booking amount to widow, court tells DDA - Jan 20, 2011
- Give Rohini plots to blast victims on priority: Court (Lead) - Sep 14, 2011
- DDA housing scheme draw of lots today - Apr 18, 2011
- Court tells DDA to give flat to man waiting for 30 years (Lead) - Oct 04, 2011
- Court tells DDA to allot house plots in Rohini - Mar 14, 2012
- Long lines of applicants as DDA's 2010 housing scheme opens - Nov 25, 2010
- Court notice to school on poor student's plea - Jun 02, 2012