High court blast aimed at saving Guru from gallows: NIAMarch 13th, 2012 - 10:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 13 (IANS) The bomb blast outside the Delhi High Court complex last year was an attempt to threaten the judiciary and save from the gallows Afzal Guru, convicted in the 2001 parliament attack, the NIA told a court here Tuesday.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA), in a chargesheet filed in the blast case before Special Judge H.S. Sharma, identified Wasim Akram Malik as a chief conspirator.
The Sep 7, 2011 blast outside the reception counter at gate no.5 of the high Court killed 15 people and injured 80.
The terror attack was hatched between June-September 2011 at Kishtwar in Jammu and Kashmir by Wasim Akram Malik, Amir Abbas Dev and terrorists of the Hizb-ul Mujahideen - Amir Ali Kamal, Junaid Akram Malik and Shakir Hussain Sheikh alias Choata Hafiz.
Wasim Akram Malik, an avid internet user, conspired with the terrorists of the Hizb-ul-Mujahideen and other outfits. He was a medical student at Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College, Sylhet, Bangladesh.
His younger brother Junaid Akram Malik, is an active cadre of Hizb-ul Mujahideen since November 2010.
Wasim Akram Malik came close to Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) and Pakistani terrorist groups in 2005.
He entered India in June 2011 and surveyed the high court area. He chose gate no.5 to plant the bomb as it was close to the reception area.
He reached Kishtwar in July 2011 and contacted Hizb-ul Mujahideen militants Amir Kamal and Chota Hafiz and told them about the terror plan.
He insisted on highlighting the action in national and international arena and the need for deploying for the Delhi terror attack people who did not have Kashmiri facial features.
Wasim Akram Malik directed accused Amir Abbas Dev to undertake the task of sending a mail regarding the responsibility of the attack.
Days before the blast, the preparations were carried out.
“Amir Kamal introduced the other two persons as militants from Pakistan namely, Abu Saifulla and Abu Bilal, who had been arranged for carrying out the bomb blast at Delhi High Court and had already conducted a recce of the high court area in August 2011,” said the NIA.
The mail regarding taking responsibility of the blast was sent by a minor accused.
Three accused Amir Kamal, Junaid Akram Malik and Chota Hafiz are absconding and the NIA has announced a reward of Rs.10 lakh each to anyone who gives information about them.
- Judicial custody of high court blast accused extended - Mar 28, 2012
- Delhi HC blast: Order against accused reserved - Aug 24, 2012
- An year after HC blast, Delhi courts' more secure: Police - Sep 06, 2012
- Delhi High Court blast: Charges filed against six (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Delhi HC blast: Court finds evidence against accused - Sep 04, 2012
- Delhi High Court blast: Court to frame charges Oct 1 - Sep 21, 2012
- Delhi HC blast: Court to frame charges Sep 18 (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Chargesheet filed in Delhi High Court blast case - Mar 13, 2012
- NIA raids suspects' residences in Jammu, Kishtwar - Oct 19, 2011
- Chargesheet in Delhi High Court blast Wednesday - Mar 12, 2012
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar - Aug 06, 2012
- NIA quizzing Kishtwar youth, family asserts his innocence - Oct 08, 2011
- Delhi blast: NIA looks for Kishtwar suspect's brother - Oct 20, 2011
Tags: amir ali, amir kamal, bomb blast, chief conspirator, chota, delhi high court, hizb, investigation agency, jalalabad, jammu and kashmir, junaid, kishtwar, mail, mujahideen, national investigation, ragib, reception counter, special judge, sylhet bangladesh, terror attack