High alert sounded in Uttar Pradesh following Delhi blastsSeptember 13th, 2008 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 13 (IANS) A high alert was sounded Saturday by the Uttar Pradesh government following six serial blasts in Delhi in which at least nine people were killed and over 80 injured, a police official said here.All the district superintendents of police have been directed to beef up security in important markets, bus stations, railway stations, shopping malls and other crowded places, said an official at the director general of police office.
Special directives have been issued to step up security in religious cities of the state, including Varanasi, Ayodhya and Mathura.
In Lucknow, the police have begin intensified checking at malls and markets in Gomti Nagar and Hazratganj area.
- High alert in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 07, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh on alert after Delhi blast - May 25, 2011
- Alert sounded in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 02, 2012
- High alert in Hyderabad, Tirupati - Jul 14, 2011
- Security alert across India on Babri demolition anniversary - Dec 05, 2010
- High alert in Bangalore over Osama's death - May 02, 2011
- Patil reviews Maharashtra security - Aug 02, 2012
- Red alert sounded in Kanpur after specific pointers - Feb 14, 2010
- Terror bid unveiled, but Delhiites' festive spirits still high - Oct 14, 2011
- It is Fortress Delhi ahead of I-Day - Aug 12, 2012
- Vigil stepped up in Bangalore - Jul 14, 2011
- Letter threatens to blow up Ramjanmabhoomi complex - Apr 17, 2012
- Babri demolition anniversary low-key in Ayodhya-Faizabad - Dec 06, 2011
- Cabinet meet postponed over Ayodhya verdict - Sep 29, 2010
- Shutdown disrupts life across UP, train services disrupted - May 31, 2012