High alert in Madhya PradeshJuly 27th, 2008 - 5:10 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, July 27 (IANS) The Madhya Pradesh government Sunday sounded high alert in the state following Bangalore and Ahmedabad bombings that left at least 45 people dead and scores injured. A close vigil was maintained at religious places, railway stations, bus yards, cinema houses, malls and shopping complexes, and important government buildings and institutions in the Bharatiya Janata Party-ruled state. Vehicle checking was being carried out at many place, according to a police official.
“The state was already on a high alert following the blasts that rocked Bangalore but in view of the series of explosions in Ahmedabad, the security has been further beefed up specially in Bhopal, Indore and Ujjain (districts),” director general of police (DGP) S.K. Raut told IANS.
Directives have been passed on to all the districts police heads and railway police officials to heighten security cover in their jurisdiction, he added.
The officials have also been directed to keep the anti-bomb disposal squads, sniffer dog squads and the Rapid Action Force ready to be deployed quickly in case of any eventuality.
The DGP said the police had strengthened its deployment in and around Raja Bhoj airport here, Indore, Jabalpur, Gwalior and Khajuraho.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Saturday night called an emergency meeting and directed the police to maintain high vigil at all important establishments and intensify checking at all sensitive places in the state.
Senior police and civil officers attended the meeting.
- High alert in Madhya Pradesh, night cinema shows suspended (Lead) - Jul 27, 2008
- Karnataka braces for Thursday shutdown - Sep 19, 2012
- Firecracker blast causes panic in Bangalore - Sep 09, 2011
- Karnataka steps up vigil after Osama's killing - May 11, 2011
- High alert in Bangalore over Osama's death - May 02, 2011
- Delhi on high alert after blast - Sep 07, 2011
- Congress workers wave black flags at Sudarshan at Indore - Nov 12, 2010
- Security tight at India's international borders - Aug 15, 2010
- Madhya Pradesh scales up security ahead of I-Day - Aug 14, 2010
- Alert sounded in Madhya Pradesh after girl killed over water - Apr 01, 2010
- High alert in Andhra Pradesh after Delhi blast - Sep 07, 2011
- Anti-corruption raids of officials yields crores - Jan 13, 2012
- Alert in Madhya Pradesh, night cinema shows suspended - Sep 14, 2008
- Vigil stepped up in Bangalore - Jul 14, 2011
- Terror strike: Home Ministry issues fresh alert for Delhi, Indore, Kanpur - Feb 14, 2010