High alert after Delhi blastsSeptember 13th, 2008 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 13 (IANS) A high alert was sounded after a series of blasts rocked the capital Saturday evening injuring more than 50 people. Five blasts ripped through various parts of the city within minutes of each other, injuring weekend shoppers, police said.
Security was beefed up at sensitive points, including Metro and railway stations and crowded market places.
“An alert has been sounded in the wake of the series of blasts in Delhi,” Delhi Police spokesman Rajan Bhagat told IANS.
Additional police personnel were deployed along with bomb disposal squads at Delhi Metro stations, railway stations and inter-state bus terminals. Extra security cover has been extended to all the religious places in the capital, the spokesman said.
Police put up barricades at various intersections and sniffer dogs were deployed at railway stations. Metal detectors were placed at entry points of many busy markets.
- Delhi on high alert after blast - Sep 07, 2011
- Delhi, neighbourhood on high alert after Noida shootout - Jan 25, 2009
- Delhi on high alert after Jaipur blasts - May 13, 2008
- Delhi, adjoining states discuss security measures - Jul 14, 2011
- High alert in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 07, 2011
- Post-blasts, security beefed up in Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai - Jul 25, 2008
- Security alert in Kolkata following Delhi blast - Sep 07, 2011
- 3,000 more policemen deployed in Delhi - Jul 27, 2008
- Strict vigil in capital on I-Day - Aug 15, 2011
- Republic Day: Security beefed up, traffic diversions announced - Jan 21, 2011
- Security tightened across Delhi - Sep 20, 2010
- Terror strike: Home Ministry issues fresh alert for Delhi, Indore, Kanpur - Feb 14, 2010
- It is Fortress Delhi ahead of I-Day - Aug 12, 2012
- Terror e-mail holds back shoppers in Delhi, suburbs - Sep 13, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh on alert after Delhi blast - May 25, 2011