HI gets government nod for Champions Trophy, Olympic qualifiersJune 16th, 2011 - 8:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 16 (IANS) The sports ministry Thursday granted Hockey India (HI) the permission to host Champions Trophy and the men’s and women’s qualifying tournament for the 2012 London Olympics.
HI in a statement said that Australia, England, Germany, India, South Korea, the Netherlands, Pakistan and Spain will be participating in the men’s Champions Trophy, which will be held here December 3-11.
The teams will be divided into two pools and the tournament will be played in a league cum knock-out format.
The Olympic Qualifier will be also be held here February 15-26. Six teams will be participating in both the men’s and women’s events. The teams will be decided after the continental tournaments. The other two qualifiers will be held in Japan and Belgium. Only the winner of the qualifying tournament gets a London berth.
- Senior national hockey championship in Bhopal June 10-19 - May 26, 2011
- Delhi to host men's Champions Trophy and Olympic qualifiers - Apr 15, 2011
- South African men's hockey team qualifies for London Olympics - May 06, 2012
- FIH looks at India as a major hockey hub - May 11, 2011
- FIH announces team entries for final Olympic qualifier - Apr 18, 2012
- India to host inaugural World Hockey League final - Feb 22, 2012
- FIH accommodate Pakistan in 2011 Champions Trophy - Dec 17, 2010
- India get berth in hockey Champions Trophy - Jul 20, 2012
- India face Holland in Olympic hockey opener - May 22, 2012
- Olympic Hockey: Tough opener for India (Preview) - Jul 29, 2012
- WSH gets National Stadium, Olympic camps shifted out - Dec 02, 2011
- Asia to host hockey's five continents tournament - May 06, 2011
- Brazil, Spain, Britain seeded in Olympic football - Apr 24, 2012
- Ritu to lead India in Champions Challenge 1 - Sep 10, 2012
- HI charges IHF with sabotaging India's Olympic preparations - Oct 07, 2011
Tags: 2012 london olympics, australia, belgium, berth, champions trophy, england, germany, government nod, india south, japan, netherlands, New Delhi, olympic qualifier, olympic qualifiers, olympics, pakistan, pools, south korea, spain, sports ministry