Heroin processing unit unearthed, two arrestedJuly 2nd, 2011 - 12:53 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 1 (IANS) A heroin processing unit was unearthed in north Delhi and two people, including a woman, of a drug syndicate were arrested Friday, police said.
The syndicate included several others who procured crude heroin from opium growing areas in Maoist affected areas of Jharkhand and converted it into fine quality heroin.
“Two kilograms of the substance worth an approximate Rs.2 crore have been recovered from their possession during raids at the uit at Bawana village,” said a senior police officer.
Police had information that a narcotic drugs syndicate was active in north Delhi for the last three-four months.
“Zakir Hussain, 45, was arrested after police received information that he was to make a delivery in Bawana. A trap was laid and he was arrested. One kilo of heroin was recovered from his possession,” said the officer.
Hussain’s interrogation led to Nazma Bibi, 26, who was arrested from outside the Rithala Metro station shortly after, as she was trying to flee to West Bengal. “500 grams of heroin were recovered from her possession,” said the officer.
“Nazma revealed that she along with her husband, Mohammed Akhtar Ali and their associates including Hussain were part of a syndicate that manufactured the substance at her rented house in Bawana,” the officer said.
Some more heroin and other substances used in producing the substance, and machines were seized.
Police are now on the lookout for Ali and his associates. This is the twelfth major narcotic seizure this year.
- Three Nigerians held with drugs in Delhi - May 20, 2011
- Interstate narcotic syndicate busted in Delhi - Mar 10, 2012
- Heroin seizures in Delhi up three times over 2010 - Jul 02, 2011
- Three drug traffickers held - Jul 11, 2011
- 35 law-breakers held in Pakistan - Feb 14, 2012
- Farmer arrested with 12 kg opium in Delhi - Jun 27, 2012
- One ton drugs seized in Iran - Jun 24, 2012
- Massive amounts of drugs seized in Afghanistan - Sep 13, 2012
- Man wanted in 13 criminal cases arrested - Jul 13, 2012
- Man held with 23 kg opium in Punjab - Jul 11, 2011
- Nigerian, Nepali aide held, heroin seized - Feb 19, 2011
- No one cures Punjab's drug problem (Punjab Newsletter) - Feb 10, 2012
- Drugs seized, five arrested - Aug 08, 2011
- Two drug peddlers jailed for 10 years - Apr 24, 2012
- Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 crore - Aug 05, 2011
Tags: bibi, crore, four months, heroin, interrogation, jharkhand, kilo, kilograms, maoist, metro station, mohammed akhtar, narcotic drugs, north delhi, opium, police officer, processing unit, rs 2, seizure, west bengal, zakir hussain