Hero Honda is now Hero MotoCorp LimitedJuly 29th, 2011 - 7:06 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 29 (IANS) Two-wheeler major Hero Honda Motors Friday said that it has certified its new brand identity as Hero MotoCorp Limited.
“The company has received a fresh copy of certificate of incorporation consequent upon the change of name from Hero Honda Motors Ltd. to Hero MotoCorp Limited,” the two-wheller major said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
The two companies had ended their 26-year old association to pursue their own goals in the huge Indian two-wheeler market.
Honda already has a major presence in the Indian market through its wholly owned subsidiary Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Private Limited.
Earlier, the company was allowed by the government to infuse Rs.4,500 crore (about $1 billion) in Hero Investments, part of the Hero group, to acquire Japanese partner Honda’s stake in the two-wheeler joint venture.
Hero, in early March, said it has arranged the required finance to acquire the 26 percent holding of Honda Motor in their joint-venture company Hero Honda Motors Limited (HHML) and pegged the Japanese auto major’s stake around Rs.3,842 crore.
- Hero allowed $1 billion foreign investment - Mar 29, 2011
- Hero Honda hires global brand specialist Wolff Olins - Mar 10, 2011
- Hero Group arranges funds to acquire Hero Honda stakes - Mar 08, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp in technology alliance with Italian firm - Sep 13, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp ropes in new technology partner - Sep 06, 2012
- Italian firm Sogefi to expand capacity in India - Jul 06, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp expects sales to pick up in festive season - Sep 05, 2012
- Honda to make 100cc bike in India - Mar 21, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp's August sales up 18.6 percent - Sep 01, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp unveils new range of two-wheelers - Jan 04, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp ties up with Erik Buell Racing - Feb 23, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp's October sales up 1.32 percent - Nov 01, 2011
- Hero to merge investment arm with self, invest Rs.2,575 crore - Jun 04, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp's July sales up 14.82 percent - Aug 02, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp Q2 profit rises 19.4 percent - Oct 18, 2011
Tags: 1 billion, bombay stock exchange, brand identity, certificate of incorporation, crore, hero group, hero honda motors, honda, honda motor, honda motorcycle, india private limited, investments, japanese auto, japanese partner, joint venture company, motors ltd, scooter, stake, two wheeler, wheller