Hero Honda December sales dipJanuary 1st, 2009 - 9:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 1 (IANS) The country’s largest two-wheeler maker Hero Honda Motors (HHML) reported a 10.2 percent dip in its sales for December, selling 215,931 units.The company had sold 240,532 two-wheelers in December 2007.
Hero Honda, however, managed to post a 9 percent growth for 2008 calendar year, selling 36,08,220 scooters and motorcycles, as compared to 33,09,051 units in 2007.
“We are happy to close the year with 9 percent growth, coming as it does in particularly trying economic conditions,” the company’s senior vice-president of sales and marketing Anil Dua said in a statement.
Dua said the stimulus package announced by the government Dec 7 has brought some relief to the two-wheeler industry, but added that the sector “might see further slowdown if the high two-wheeler financing rates and liquidity crunch continue”.
- Hero Honda hires global brand specialist Wolff Olins - Mar 10, 2011
- Good take-off for two-wheelers in 2011, companies mark sales growth (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Smooth ride for two-wheeler makers in February (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2011
- Hero Group arranges funds to acquire Hero Honda stakes - Mar 08, 2011
- Hero Honda is now Hero MotoCorp Limited - Jul 29, 2011
- Hero Honda's February sales up 23 percent - Mar 01, 2011
- Hero Honda April sales up 39.12 percent - May 02, 2011
- Two-wheeler majors log lower sales - Jan 02, 2009
- Hero allowed $1 billion foreign investment - Mar 29, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp unveils new range of two-wheelers - Jan 04, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp's August sales up 18.6 percent - Sep 01, 2011
- Interest rates, fuel price hike dampen automobile sector (Roundup) - Jun 01, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp's November sales up 27.4 percent - Dec 01, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp's September sales up 26.75 percent - Oct 03, 2011
- TVS Motor logs five percent sales growth in January - Feb 01, 2012