Hero Groups forays into hospitality sectorSeptember 5th, 2011 - 10:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 5 (IANS) Hero Group Monday said it had bagged a bid to develop a five-star deluxe hotel in Gurgaon.
“Looking at the huge growth potential and dynamic social changes, we see room for a high end hotel in this part of national capital region (NCR),” said Pankaj Munjal, Managing Director, Hero Motors, the flagship company of the group.
According to Munjal, the region requires high-end hotel rooms as there was growing demand due to economic growth and expansion.
The company said that it will only develop the property and give management control to international operations and management companies.
The group owns manufacturing and technology companies such as Hero Cycles, Hero Motors, Munjal Kiriu and ZF-Hero chasiss systems and has a debt free balance sheet with over Rs.1,000 crore free cash.
- Hero Cycles to launch premium bikes in November - Sep 02, 2011
- Hero Cycles forays into high-end bicycles - Feb 20, 2012
- Hero Motors' to launch new products during Indian F1 - Sep 02, 2011
- Hero Motors to sponsor Karthikeyan in Indian F1 - Sep 02, 2011
- Hero Motors and Magna Steyr to develop new product line - Sep 24, 2010
- Cycling to work? Growing movement to tackle mobility crisis (Feature) - Mar 25, 2012
- Marriott Courtyard opens in Gurgaon, group in expansion mode - Nov 06, 2009
- Hero Eco Group to invest Rs.500 crore in next 5 years - Dec 28, 2011
- Hero Honda to set up facility in Himachal - Oct 21, 2010
- Tata Sons denies management restructuring in group companies - Apr 27, 2012
- Accord Group to acquire hotels within, outside India - May 29, 2012
- Hero launches hybrid concept scooter - Jan 06, 2012
- Oberoi Group opens hotel in Gurgaon - Apr 12, 2011
- Hero Honda hires global brand specialist Wolff Olins - Mar 10, 2011
- Mystic Spa to open 150 centres in five years - Aug 25, 2011
Tags: balance sheet, deluxe hotel, economic growth, flagship company, forays, gurgaon, hero group, hero motors, hospitality sector, hotel rooms, international operations, management companies, management control, managing director, national capital region, ncr, New Delhi, rs 1, social changes, technology companies