Helpline in Delhi soon against child labourApril 27th, 2011 - 1:09 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 26 (IANS) In a bid to tackle child labour and handle complaints from workers, a toll free helpline would soon be launched by Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, a state government official said Tuesday.
The helpline number 12789 will be functional between 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., added the official.
“It is being commissioned with an aim to provide a sense of confidence and assurance to workers and make it an effective tool for approaching the authorities in case of denial of the minimum wages by the employers and for enforcement of all labour Laws,” said the official.
It will also function as an instrument to eliminate child labour as the affected children could call on this helpline or someone else may call on their behalf helping the labour department to rescue them, added the official.
According to the official, a senior officer will be deployed at the helpline and reports would be sent to the labour secretary every six hours. A review meeting would be chaired by Labour Minister Ramakant Goswami every fortnight.
“The callers will be intimated about the action taken in a shortest possible time that may not extend beyond four days,” added the official.
Goswami said that wider consultation and preparations have been made before commissioning of the helpline which is going to be the first in the country.
“We have chalked out a comprehensive plan to provide help and required consultation to the labourers in hardship. The department is all set to adopt more humanistic approach and has also decided to closely monitor the enforcement of various labour laws,” said Goswami.
- Helpline for labourers in Delhi - May 01, 2011
- Delhi aiding construction workers' children's study - Jun 29, 2011
- Delhi has new labour comissioner - Jul 11, 2011
- Kerala minister promises helpline for labour issues - Jun 06, 2011
- Portfolio reshuffle in Delhi cabinet - Aug 28, 2012
- Chandigarh's elderly bank on 100 in times of trouble - Jan 06, 2012
- Delhi to have 40 centres for street children: Dikshit - Jun 14, 2011
- Rajasthan to launch helpline for school kids - Apr 08, 2011
- Use of child labour in households growing: Child Rights Commission - Jan 30, 2012
- 88 Rajasthan panchayats vow to end child labour - May 01, 2011
- Delhi Metro changes new helpline number - Dec 28, 2010
- Review anti-child labour legislations: Rights groups - Jun 12, 2012
- South Delhi to get skill training school for uneducated - Aug 28, 2012
- Delhi, Haryana hope to attract investments at India-Japan summit - Sep 04, 2011
- Minister pushes for speedy relocation of west Delhi slum - May 28, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,