Helpline for students ahead of board exam resultsMay 23rd, 2012 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 23 (IANS) A helpline to counsel students before and after the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 12 results will be launched Thursday, an NGO’s representative said.
Available from May 24 to June 2, “Hopeline 2012″, being offered by NGO Snehi would provide free of cost confidential counselling to students who have results-related anxiety and stress. It will also provide career guidance.
The helpline number — 011-65978181 would be available from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and students can also seek help through email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Our helpline is an effective preventive measure against suicides and promotion of positive mental health,” said Abdul Mabood, director, Snehi.
Last year, the helpline attended 2,684 calls. Of them 1,929 callers were students of Class 10 and Class 12 and the rest 755 were students from other classes.
“We also attended 290 calls from parents during that time and helped them handle situational stress,” said Mabood.
According to Snehi, the helpline will be manned by a team of trained counsellors and mental health professionals.
A total of 52,316 students of Class 12 and Class 10 and 7,127 parents have been helped by the helpline in the last 14 years.
- NGO starts helpline for CBSE students - May 15, 2011
- Exam time: Dial a helpline to overcome stress - Feb 06, 2012
- Exam time: Another helpline for stressed students - Feb 10, 2012
- CBSE helpline flooded with calls from anxious students - May 21, 2009
- CBSE issues revised counsellor list for students abroad - Feb 28, 2012
- Students tense as CBSE exams begin - Mar 01, 2011
- Nervous about results? Call the CBSE helpline - May 20, 2010
- CBSE helpline flooded with calls - May 21, 2010
- Anxiety, fear grip students before CBSE results - May 21, 2008
- CBSE helpline flooded with calls as results are declared - May 23, 2011
- CBSE opens helpline for Gulf students - Feb 02, 2010
- CBSE starts counselling to reduce exam stress - Feb 01, 2010
- Delhi Metro tries to curb suicides at stations - Sep 06, 2012
- Talk therapy for India's depressed (Feature) - Apr 25, 2012
- Skill-based courses best choice for average performers in CBSE - May 24, 2009
Tags: anxiety, board exam results, board of secondary education, career guidance, central board of secondary education, counsel students, counselling, counsellors, helpline number, may 24, mental health professionals, New Delhi, ngo, parents, positive mental health, preventive measure, stress, suicides