Helicopters collide while landing, killing Iraqi soldierOctober 5th, 2008 - 5:22 am ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Oct 5 (DPA) An Iraqi soldier was killed late Saturday when two Black Hawk helicopters collided while landing in northern part of the Iraqi capital, a US military spokesman said.Two US and two Iraqi soldiers were injured in the crash, military spokesman Lieutenant Patrick Evans told the CNN.
He said enemy fire was not suspected in the collision of the two UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters.
But officials from the interior ministry claimed that one helicopter crashed in northeastern Baghdad following clashes between US-backed Iraqi forces and militants, the report said.
The crash took place at Combat Outpost Ford in Adhamiya, a northern Baghdad neighbourhood on the eastern bank of the Tigris river, according to Evans.
- Seven US Marines killed in helicopter collision - Feb 24, 2012
- Eight die in Guatemala helicopter crash - Feb 29, 2012
- Five Iraqi soldiers killed in separate attacks - Sep 05, 2012
- Four killed in Turkish military helicopter crash - Jul 23, 2012
- Nine survive military helicopter crash in Colombia - Dec 05, 2011
- Iraqis stage demonstration after Gates 'US military to stay for years' remark - Apr 10, 2011
- Nine soldiers killed in Iraq - Sep 15, 2010
- Two soldiers killed in NATO chopper crash - Jun 06, 2012
- Two killed, 11 injured in Iraq blasts - Apr 26, 2012
- Two US pilots killed in helicopter crash in Iraq - Nov 09, 2009
- Five Iraqi women killed in collision with US forces - Jan 06, 2010
- Seven killed in Iraq violence - Aug 08, 2012
- Iraqi insurgents plant Qaeda flag in heart of Baghdad - Jul 30, 2010
- NATO helicopter crashes in southern Afghanistan, killing 11 - Aug 17, 2012
- U.S. military helicopter crashes in northern Iraq; 1 U.S. soldier killed - Apr 18, 2010