Helicopter service to be launched in GhaziabadJuly 6th, 2012 - 11:49 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, July 6 (IANS) Officials of Pawan Hans Helicopters Limited, one of India’s leading companies offering helicopter services, Friday visited two sites shortlisted for the setting up of helipads to link Ghaziabad with the neighbouring via a chopper service.
“We had to put this city on the world map. Air transportation is increasing by the day. We have chalked out a project to have a helicopter service to various pilgrimage centres like Vrindavan and Varansi in addition to commercial flights to Lucknow and Agra. To launch this heli-link service, we have discussed with Pawan Hans Helicopters Limited. Their officers have visited the city, studied the viability of the service and the sites’ feasibility,” Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) Vice Chairman Santosh Kumar Yadav told IANS in an exclusive interview.
Two sites have been shortlisted for the helipads - Pratap Vihar and Raj Nagar Extension. Both sites are being considered.
Sanjay Kumar, General Manager (Marketing), Pawan Hans Helicopters Limited said: “It is a primary survey. We have found the GDA officials enthusiastic and supportive. Hopefully, we would soon speed up the dialogue to expedite the project.”
- Pawan Hans to connect Delhi with Vrindavan and Mathura - May 31, 2012
- Helicopter with 23 aboard crashes in Arunachal Pradesh (Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- Public-private partnership can make air ambulance a reality - Sep 29, 2010
- Pawan Hans resumes copter services in northeast - Jul 27, 2011
- Chopper with Arunachal chief minister missing (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Stop discrimination against northeastern region, say students - Apr 23, 2011
- Arunachal MP puts Pawan Hans in dock, blames poor upkeep for crash - Apr 21, 2011
- Mizoram to launch copter service in remote areas - Aug 02, 2012
- Arunachal Pradesh CM on board Pawan Hans chopper goes missing - Apr 30, 2011
- 17 killed in Arunachal chopper crash, six survive (Fourth Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- Meet to focus on infrastructure for heli-ambulance - Sep 27, 2010
- Not resuming helicopter service in northeast: Minister - Jun 26, 2011
- 17 killed in Arunachal chopper crash in (Second Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- 17 die in Arunachal chopper crash (Third Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- Arunachal MP welcomes setting up of committee to probe Tawang crash - Apr 24, 2011
Tags: air transportation, commercial flights, ghaziabad development authority, helicopter service, helicopter services, helipads, interview two, leading companies, limited one, manager marketing, pawan hans helicopters, pilgrimage centres, pratap, primary survey, sanjay kumar, varansi, vice chairman, vrindavan, world map, yadav