Heli-taxi service planned to Himachal templeJuly 3rd, 2012 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 3 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh plans to start a helicopter taxi service to the Aadi Himani Chamunda temple located in the Dhauladhar mountain range in Kangra district.
“Efforts will be made to launch heli-taxi service to Himani Chamunda temple,” Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said Tuesday after an aerial survey of the hills surrounding the temple.
The ancient temple an be reached through an uphill trek of about 16 km.
Dhumal said possibilities were also being expored to connect the temple with a ropeway. “Currently, a survey is being done.”
Dhumal said since the temple has huge tourist potential, basic amenities such as drinking water, electricity and accommodation would be provided to the tourists.
Himachal Pradesh has 28 Hindu temples. The popular shrines are Chintpurni in Una, Naina Devi in Bilaspur, Baba Balak Nath in Hamirpur and Jwalaji in Kangra.
- Thousands of devotees throng Himachal temples - Sep 28, 2011
- Himachal to develop religious tourism - Jul 05, 2011
- Log on, perform prayers online! - Mar 18, 2012
- Himachal to turn temple gold into mementoes - Jul 08, 2012
- Himachal temples have nearly Rs.1 bn in cash - Apr 08, 2011
- Himachal temples to melt holy gold - Apr 12, 2011
- Prayers in Himachal temples for India's victory - Apr 02, 2011
- Bill moved to manage gold donated in Himachal temples - Apr 09, 2010
- Devotees throng Himachal temples with onset of Shravan - Jul 20, 2012
- Himachal temples allowed to sell gold, silver - Apr 13, 2010
- Himachal to link shrine with ropeway - Oct 28, 2010
- Himachal ties up with three helicopter taxi operators - Dec 06, 2010
- Ropeway to link Sikh, Hindu temple towns in Punjab, Himachal - Jun 28, 2012
- Helicopter taxi service launched in Himachal - Jan 29, 2011
- Himachal, Punjab sign pact on Naina Devi ropeway - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: aadi, aerial survey, amenities, ancient temple, baba balak nath, chief minister, district efforts, drinking water, electricity, hamirpur, helicopter, himachal pradesh, hindu temples, naina devi, possibilities, prem kumar, ropeway, shrines, taxi service, tourists