Heineken extends partnership with James Bond filmsFebruary 9th, 2012 - 6:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 9 (IANS) After collaborating with five James Bond films, beer brand Heineken has extended its 15-year-long partnership with the popular franchise. The company has plans to launch a global campaign for the upcoming spy movie “Skyfall”.
“Skyfall” is the 23rd film in the James Bond series, and the sixth consecutive James Bond film that the Heineken brand has been involved with. The past films on which the brand collaborated were “Tomorrow Never Dies”, “The World is Not Enough”, “Die Another Day”, “Casino Royale” and “Quantum of Solace”.
“We are proud of our long-standing partnership. The trust that we have built has allowed us to take the partnership to a new level by linking ‘Skyfall’ directly with our award winning global ‘Open Your World’ campaign. We are confident our activation plan will ignite the conversation with our consumers and film viewers,” Alexis Nasard, chief commercial officer, Heineken, said in a press statement.
The marketing campaign will include a variety of promotion and activation rights in and around the film, including for the first time the participation of James Bond actor Daniel Craig in the brand’s worldwide campaign.
It will also leverage its global relationships with online media like Facebook and Google to ignite digital conversations about “Skyfall”.
The campaign, to be launched in September, will be accessible in more than 170 countries.
The Sam Mendes-directed movie is set for an October release.
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- 'Austin Powers' ruined 'James Bond': Craig - Aug 31, 2012
- Adele likely to sing closing credit of 'Skyfall' - Sep 12, 2012
- New 'James Bond' movie named 'Skyfall' - Nov 03, 2011
- The latest Bond Girl is Berenice Marlohe - May 23, 2012
- James Bond gets a dedicated channel - Aug 08, 2012
- Indie music in India can beef up on Heineken beer - Nov 08, 2011
- Mendes wasn't sure about Craig as Bond - Apr 20, 2012
- Oct 5 to be celebrated as Global James Bond Day (With Image) - Aug 30, 2012
- Noel Gallagher may write Bond theme tune - Nov 20, 2011
- Newman to compose for new James Bond movie - Jan 11, 2012
- Dame Judi Dench to return as James Bond's boss - Jan 29, 2011
- Ben Whishaw to play Q in next Bond film - Jul 14, 2012
- United Breweries launches locally brewed Heineken beer - Sep 13, 2011
- I am not funny: Daniel Craig - Sep 03, 2012
Tags: beer brand, bond actor, casino royale, daniel craig, die another day, digital conversations, facebook, film viewers, global campaign, global relationships, google, heineken, james bond film, james bond films, james bond series, marketing campaign, sam mendes, skyfall, world campaign, worldwide campaign