Heavy rains kill 11 in BiharSeptember 26th, 2011 - 4:43 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Sep 26 (IANS) Heavy rains have caused widespread havoc in Bihar and killed at least 11 people, including three children and two women, officials said Monday.
All victims were killed in incidents of house collapse following heavy rains since Sunday.
Two children were killed in a village in Rohtas district when their mud house collapsed, while another child was killed in Jahanabad district.
Kaimur district recorded three deaths, Gaya district two, while one death each was reported from East Champaran, Patna and Muzaffarpur districts.
Heavy showers continued in most parts of the state, with capital Patna recording nearly 80 mm of rainfall since Sunday, Met officials said.
The downpour has inundated residential areas and disrupted electricity supply and communication lines in many areas.
- 17 killed as rains create havoc in Pakistan - Sep 09, 2012
- 36 killed in heavy rains in eastern Uttar Pradesh - Sep 26, 2011
- Rains lash parched Bihar - Aug 24, 2010
- Army called to help Jaipur, Rajasthan battles floods - Aug 24, 2012
- Encephalitis claims five more lives in Bihar, toll 230 - Jun 24, 2012
- Storm kills 17 people in Bihar - May 07, 2010
- Bihar's mystery disease is acute encephalitis syndrome: minister - Jun 12, 2012
- Encephalitis kills 4 more in Bihar, toll mounts to 147 - Jun 15, 2012
- Rains, floods kill 115 in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand - Aug 19, 2011
- Encephalitis kills four more in Bihar, toll 204 - Jun 19, 2012
- Six die as rains lash Pakistan province - Sep 02, 2011
- Heavy rains claim 16 lives in Andhra - Nov 02, 2010
- Roof collapse in northern Pakistan kills 5, injures 3 - Sep 05, 2012
- Encephalitis kills 7 more in Bihar, death toll 150 (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Good rainfall allays fear of drought in Bihar - Aug 10, 2011