Heavy rain forces President to cancel visitMay 25th, 2008 - 5:36 pm ICT by admin
Jammu, May 25 (IANS) President Pratibha Patil could not go to Bhaderwah in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir to inaugurate the extension campus of Jammu University Sunday, as her helicopter could not take off from Gulmarg due to heavy rain and low visibility. Patil had spent the night in the mountain resort of Gulmarg.
In her absence, Chief Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad flew to Bhaderwah - his hometown - and inaugurated the campus. He told the audience that Patil would visit the town if the weather permitted.
Jammu University has set up a campus here for postgraduate students.
- Azad brokers peace in Kashmir town - Oct 15, 2011
- Jammu gets its first golf course - Apr 24, 2011
- Omar faces criticism from allies, opposition alike - Mar 26, 2012
- Omar visits snow-hit Jammu region - Jan 09, 2012
- President's visit to Bhaderwah called off due to inclement weather - May 25, 2008
- Pharmacists ask for awards, Azad agrees - Jul 09, 2010
- Rains hamper rescue operations in Leh, 25 army men among missing - Aug 07, 2010
- Jammu and Kashmir to get two air ambulances - Oct 26, 2009
- Night temperatures rise marginally in Kashmir, Ladakh - Jan 03, 2012
- India to unveil second swine flu vaccine - Jul 09, 2010
- 5 die as bus falls into george in Jammu - Sep 07, 2012
- President's chopper develops snag in Kerala - Aug 31, 2011
- Three killed, 30 injured in Kashmir accident - Apr 18, 2012
- Kashmir may resume medicinal herb extraction - Aug 24, 2011
- Top Hizbul commander killed in Kashmir gunfight - Oct 08, 2011