Heavy Engineering Corp, BHEL to start joint ventureSeptember 6th, 2008 - 6:41 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Sep 6 (IANS) City-based Heavy Engineering Corp (HEC) and Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to form a joint venture company that will manufacture casting and forgings. The agreement was signed between HEC chairman and managing director G.K. PIllai and his BHEL counterpart K. Ravi Kumar in HEC campus Friday afternoon.
HEC’s present unit of forge and foundry will be transferred to the new entity, to be set up on 55:50 equity participation.
The expected annual turnover of the new company, in which BHEL will invest Rs.1 billion, will be around Rs.10 billion.
“The foundry forge plant of HEC has got the basic required infrastructure facilities and capacity which after some renovation and modernisation will be able to meet the demands of casting and forgings arising out of power generation capacity augmentation programme in the country,” central government’s Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Sontosh Mohan Dev said.
Apart from Dev, Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu Soren, union Minister of State for Commerce and Power Jai Ram Ramesh and Principal Secretary of Prime Minister T.K. Nayar were also present at the function.
BHEL chairman Kumar said: “We are planning to hike our manufacturing capacity to 20,000 MW by 2011-12. The MoU will help BHEL meet the target of work order of Rs.115,000 crore (Rs.1.15 trillion) in forge and casting.”
- Kerala firms Rs.20,000-crore refinery expansion project - Sep 14, 2012
- Tamil Nadu scraps power joint venture with BHEL - Feb 24, 2012
- Tamil Nadu to annul Udangudi power joint venture soon - Jun 18, 2012
- India, Australia to collaborate in wool production and trade - May 02, 2012
- BHEL still keen on Udangudi power project - Apr 08, 2012
- India to help Afghanistan develop tourism - May 27, 2011
- French agnecy to give Rs.372 crore aid to Assam - Jun 08, 2012
- Tamil Nadu scraps power joint venture, BHEL surprised (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Chhattisgarh, Railways ink deal for three rail corridors - Feb 28, 2012
- BHEL's exit from Udangudi Power depends on government's offer - Feb 26, 2012
- US firm to set nuclear power equipment plant in Andhra - Feb 24, 2011
- BHEL upbeat about overseas market - Aug 11, 2012
- Suzlon to develop 3,000 MW of wind energy in Andra Pradesh - Jan 16, 2012
- Ford to create 5,000 jobs in Gujarat - Jul 28, 2011
- India, Myanmar sign MoU on border security cooperation - Jan 22, 2012