Heather Mills faces legal actionAugust 24th, 2008 - 11:46 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 24 (IANS) Former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney’s ex-wife Heather Mills is facing legal action from a civic council over her failure to remove a large marquee from her garden.Mills is believed to have erected the tent at her $6.4 million (3.2 million pounds) home in East Sussex, England, for her 40th birthday party in January this year, reports Contactmusic.com.
The structure has remained in place ever since, prompting some of her neighbours to lodge objections with government officials.
The district council ruled in favour of the neighbours and signed an enforcement order in May in a bid to force Mills to take down the marquee, but the tent has yet to be removed.
Officials have now set Mills a deadline to get rid of it or they will take her to court.
“She has now been given a compliance date of Sep 20 to have the structure removed. If it is not done by that time we can start legal proceedings,” said a council spokesman.
- Paul McCartney all set to marry Nancy Shevell - Sep 16, 2011
- Heather Mills hospitalized after skiing accident - May 13, 2011
- Heather Mills 'lied about abuse by Paul McCartney' - Mar 02, 2011
- Nancy Shevell's wedding dress designed by Stella McCartney - Oct 10, 2011
- Heather Mills considering adoption - May 26, 2010
- Heather Mills says 'losing leg was 20 times easier than losing Macca' - Jul 26, 2010
- Heather Mills identifies with Mahatma Gandhi - Aug 11, 2009
- How Heather Mills tortured her ex-nanny with her diva-like demands - Mar 30, 2010
- Heather Mills buys vegan foods company - Jul 22, 2009
- Macca, Heather Mills 'bury the hatchet' for daughter's sake - Mar 22, 2010
- Heather Mills says Macca chased her for months - Feb 03, 2010
- Heather Mills likens herself to Mahatma Gandhi - Aug 10, 2009
- Heather Mills' opens her new vegan cafe climbing onto its roof - Jul 06, 2009
- Heather Mills to quit Dancing On Ice? - Nov 09, 2009
- Heather Mills to sell New York home - Feb 20, 2011