Heat grips Shimla too (Lead)May 29th, 2012 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, May 29 (IANS) The searing summer heat has not even spared Shimla, the popular hill resort people normally flock to in this season.
The hills of Himachal Pradesh were unusually hot Tuesday, with prominent tourist spots recording maximum temperatures two to five degrees above the average, the weather office here said.
Shimla’s maximum temperature was six degrees Celsius above average. The met office has predicted no relief from the sizzling heat this week.
“Temperatures across the state remained on the higher side due to lack of rains. The maximum temperature was above normal,” an official told IANS.
Shimla recorded a high of 29.2 degrees Celsius and a minimum was 19.4 degrees.
Popular tourist resorts like Narkanda, Kufri, Kasauli, Manali, Palampur, Chamba and Dalhousie also experienced hot weather.
Una town was the hottest with 42.8 degrees Celsius.
Dharamsala, home to the Dalai Lama, experienced a high of 34.2 degrees Celsius. The town’s night temperatures has hovered around 23.9 degrees.
It is hot during the day even in Keylong, headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti whose high hills are still covered with snow.
The minimum temperature of Keylong was 7.2 degrees Celsius and the maximum 22.7 degrees.
The picturesque Kalpa, some 250 km from here, recorded 23.6 degrees Celsius.
“This is not unusual. Prolonged dry spell generally keeps the temperatures above the normal,” the met official said.
- Shimla's temperature 6 degrees above average - May 29, 2012
- Temperatures soar across Himachal, rain in store - Jun 21, 2012
- Rains in store in Himachal Pradesh - Jun 04, 2012
- Dry spell raises temperatures in Himachal hills - Jul 18, 2012
- Warming Himachal hills portend rains? - Jul 03, 2012
- High temperature parches Himachal hills - May 26, 2010
- Himachal hotter than usual - Mar 25, 2010
- Himachal hills are unusually hot this year - Apr 11, 2010
- Himachal gets drenched - Jul 07, 2012
- Hot weather to continue in Himachal hills, rain unlikely - Jun 20, 2010
- Himachal continues to experience warm weather - Jun 01, 2010
- Rain lower temperature in Himachal - May 01, 2011
- Evening showers cool Shimla - May 30, 2011
- More snow in Himachal, high alert in state (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Himachal warms up to Christmas tourist rush - Dec 23, 2010
Tags: chamba, dalai lama, degrees celsius, dry spell, five degrees, hot tuesday, hot weather, kufri, maximum temperature, maximum temperatures, minimum temperature, night temperatures, popular hill, six degrees, sizzling heat, spiti, summer heat, tourist resorts, tourist spots, weather office