Heart disease awareness campaign begins in DubaiApril 14th, 2012 - 12:42 am ICT by IANS
Dubai, April 13 (IANS/WAM) A week-long campaign for the prevention of heart disease began in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Friday.
The National Programme for the Prevention of Heart Diseases — also titled “Wiqayah”, meaning prevention — was launched by Sheikha Fatima Bint Mubarak, chairwoman of the General Women’s Union and supreme chairperson of the Family Development Foundation.
The campaign had begun in Abu Dhabi. It moved to Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Umm Al Qaiwain and Ajman before it reached Dubai.
A number of specialist doctors in cardiovascular diseases will offer their services during the week-long programme.
- UAE to open 140 new mosques in 2011 - Jun 28, 2011
- Over 250 people to get new houses in UAE - May 12, 2012
- UAE charity gets one mn hours of volunteer work - Jun 09, 2012
- Prayers for rain performed across UAE - Dec 31, 2011
- UAE's Fujairah pardons 45 prisoners - Jul 22, 2012
- UAE rulers greet nation on 40th national day - Dec 03, 2011
- UAE hospital provides health care to Pakistani children - Oct 06, 2010
- UAE launches first global mobile children's hospital - Sep 07, 2010
- UAE group launches awards for sportswomen - Apr 10, 2012
- 457 illegal residents held in UAE - Aug 01, 2012
- UAE releases over 80 prisoners - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE charity helps 1 mn people - May 10, 2012
- UAE Heritage Festival inaugurated - Apr 24, 2012
- UAE to release over 400 prisoners - Nov 04, 2011
- UAE, Lithuania to tighten economic ties - May 08, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, awareness campaign, bint, cardiovascular diseases, chairperson, chairwoman, development foundation, disease awareness, fatima bint mubarak, heart disease, heart diseases, national programme, prevention of heart disease, ras, s union, sheikha fatima bint mubarak, specialist doctors, uae, united arab emirates, wam