Heads of Indian architecture institutions meet in DelhiApril 24th, 2012 - 6:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 24 (IANS) Admissions to architecture institutions in the country should be based on entrance tests conforming to the minimum standards prescribed in the Architects Act, heads of leading architecture schools said here Tuesday.
During a meet at the Jamia Millia Islamia, they deliberated on the current state of architecture education in the country and emphasised the role of the Council of Architecture.
“It was decided that admission to architecture institutions should be based on various national and state entrance tests conforming to the minimum standards as prescribed in the architects act,” said a statement.
“The meeting also called for constituting a committee comprising members from central universities, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), School of Planning and Architecture (SPA), National Institute of Technology (NIT) and state government institutions, which would be responsible for making rules and guidelines related to academic practices of Architecture,” it said.
The meeting was attended by educationists from top institutions, besides representatives of Indian Institute of Architects.
- States unwilling to join new IIT-JEE format - Jun 06, 2012
- IIT Kanpur revolts, to hold separate entrance exam - Jun 08, 2012
- The new IIT exam pattern (Factfile) - Jun 28, 2012
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- IIT Delhi also revolts, to conduct own exam (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Second Lead, correcting spelling) - Jun 28, 2012
- Common engineering entrance in favour of students, says Sibal - Jun 12, 2012
- Single test for engineering courses from 2013 - May 28, 2012
- Research on to improve India-Myanmar ties - Jan 31, 2012
- Now, IIT-Kanpur seeks PM's intervention on common test - Jun 11, 2012
- Kapil Sibal skips IIT council meet - Jun 27, 2012
- Police release MP's son held for impersonating in Jamia exam - Jun 08, 2012
- Prime Minister assures on autonomy of IITs - Jun 15, 2012
- Jamia to announce entrance test results in June - May 31, 2011
- HRD ministry calls IIT meet on common entrance test (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
Tags: academic practices, admission, april 24, architecture education, architecture schools, current state, entrance tests, indian architecture, indian institute of architects, indian institute of technology, institute of architects, institute of technology, jamia millia, national institute of technology, New Delhi, nit, spa, state government institutions, universities