HDFC to set up hub in eastern IndiaFebruary 10th, 2009 - 11:30 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 10 (IANS) HDFC will set up its first back office operations hub in eastern India at the satellite township of Rajrahat at an initial cost of Rs.60 million, a top official said here Tuesday.
“We are initially taking 30,000 square feet of space in the IT hub of Rajarhat. We are taking a floor at Ecospace,” HDFC vice-president and regional head (eastern India) Madhusudan Hegde told mediapersons on the sidelines of a function.
This would be HDFC’s fourth operations hub after Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai.
Three hundred people will gain jobs in the hub, Hegde said.
HDFC has plans to expand the hub by adding two more floors of 30,000 sq ft each, in which case its total investment would go up to Rs.180 million with 900 people getting jobs, he said.
Ecospace promoter Ambuja Realty chairman Harsh Neotia told reporters that the complex would have four buildings spread of 20 acres with all modern infrastructure.
The total project cost is Rs 2.90 billion, and the size - one million sq ft.
“HDFC will be the anchor investor,” he said.
- Ambuja Realty plans Rs.1,065 crore investment - Mar 11, 2010
- Ambuja Realty opens City Centre II in Kolkata - Sep 19, 2009
- 'Ecospace' business park inaugurated in Kolkata - Sep 24, 2009
- Tatas developing housing projects in nine cities - Feb 03, 2011
- Maiden Swiss foray into India's hospitality sector - Sep 09, 2009
- Ambuja Realty to unveil three projects this year despite slowdown - Mar 09, 2009
- Bengal woos industry amid mismanagement taint (West Bengal Newsletter) - Jan 15, 2012
- Cognizant expands its Kochi operations - Feb 07, 2012
- Phoenix kicks off Rs.2,000 crore infrastructure projects - Jun 13, 2011
- Realty industry has little to cheer from budget (Comment) - Mar 18, 2012
- Bengal Inc happy at Pranab set to be next president - Jun 15, 2012
- Chandy launches project in Smart City Kochi - Jun 09, 2012
- Ambuja Realty plans luxury hotels in Darjeeling (Lead) - Jul 27, 2008
- Ambuja Realty plans three hotels in north Bengal - Jul 27, 2008
- Save water or face connection cut, Bangaloreans told - Apr 20, 2011