Hazare campaign to feature ‘corruption devta’ - courtesy Jaspal BhattiApril 28th, 2011 - 7:46 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, April 28 (IANS) As anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare begins his nationwide awareness campaign against corruption from Varanasi next month, he will have the “corruption devta (god)” with him - courtesy comedian-actor Jaspal Bhatti and his followers.
Bhatti’s ‘corruption devta’ was given a warm send off here Thursday for its journey to join the anti-corruption campaign at Varanasi.
Sweets were distributed, ‘dhol’ beats rent the air and onlookers shouted slogans of ‘Corruption Devta Zindabad’. Members of the team leaving with him were singing hymns in praise of the the devta: “Corrruption deva karun main seva, Maatha tek tek ke/Maal banaun boss pataun, Paisa faink faink ke (I will bow my head to the god of corruption in obeisance/I’ll make good, ensnare my boss, by throwing money around).”
“If the menace of corruption is not stopped the day will come when we will have to have a ‘temple of corruption’ in every state,” Bhatti told IANS here.
“I am going to demand the land from (Uttar Pradesh chief minister) Mayawati ji for raising such a temple right in front of the Secretariat in Lucknow. Those who are indicted in corruption cases, if they pay obeisance at this temple regularly for 11 days and offer 11 per cent of their black money, they would be acquitted of the charges against them by the grace of corruption devta,” he said.
“I am sure in days to come there will be a demand of such temples in every district. We should all work together to support this India against corruption or corruption devta will take over,” Bhatti added.
Bhatti had earlier joined Hazare with the ‘corruption devta’ at the fast at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi.
An electrical engineer by profession, Bhatti has acted in and directed TV serials and films against corruption in the past. He and his “Nonsense Club” have been doing satirical shows against corruption for last 30 years.
- Jaspal Bhatti to set up 'corruption temple' in Delhi - Apr 07, 2011
- Thank Kalmadi and Raja, not Anna: Jaspal Bhatti - Aug 29, 2011
- RSS chief skirts Ayodhya, talks of corruption - Oct 10, 2011
- 'India Against Corruption' rallies to be held in UP as scheduled - Apr 28, 2011
- Ramdev, Anna protests 'timely': Gen V.K. Singh (Lead, supersedes earlier story) - Jun 04, 2012
- Don't visit Pakistan: Shiv Sena tells Hazare - Sep 22, 2011
- Varanasi is Anna's launch pad for spreading movement - Apr 25, 2011
- Anna, Ramdev to hold joint fast June 3 - Apr 20, 2012
- Nothing wrong with Ramdev, Anna agitations: Gen V.K. Singh - Jun 04, 2012
- Hazare attracts young, old across Uttar Pradesh - Aug 19, 2011
- Core team to include members with clean background: Hazare - Nov 13, 2011
- Bhushan's Kashmir statement under Anna scanner (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2011
- Candlelight marches in Hyderabad to support Hazare - Apr 08, 2011
- Anna Hazare is face of anti-corruption: Kiran Bedi - May 18, 2011
- Government has done nothing against graft: Hazare - Dec 26, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,