Hazare accepts Tiwari’s written apologySeptember 21st, 2011 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, Sep 21 (IANS) Congress leader Manish Tewari Wednesday tendered a a written apology to Anna Hazare for accusing him of being corrupt, Hazare’s lawyer said, and added the anti-corruption crusader has asked him to now close the matter.
Hazare’s lawyer Milind Pawar had Sep 8 slapped Tewari with a legal notice for defamation.
“Tiwari said that Annaji is involved in corruption from top to bottom Aug 14, two days before Annaji started his fast against corruption,” Pawar told IANS.
“However, in the wake of the written apology by Tiwari, Annaji has asked me to close the matter,” he added.
Tiwari, in his written communication addressed to Hazare, said that he had already expressed his regrets Aug 25 and had urged Hazare to end his fast at Ramlila Maidan in Delhi.
“I do not stand on any prestige or ego, especially when it comes to giving due regard and respect to people elder to me in age. In all sincerity, I reiterate my regrets,” Tewari said in the letter.
“I do not wish to give legal responses or want this matter to be prolonged. I hope you would treat the matter as closed,” he added.
- Anna to move to Ramlila ground Friday - Aug 18, 2011
- Aamir appeals to Anna to end fast - Aug 27, 2011
- Thackeray speaks to Hazare, sends grandson to venue - Aug 26, 2011
- It's Ramdev show at fast venue - Jun 03, 2012
- Ralegan Siddhi celebrates Anna's victory - Aug 28, 2011
- Thousands join anti-graft crusade as Hazare begins fast (Intro Roundup) - Apr 05, 2011
- Anna to continue his fast at Ramlila ground Friday (Second Lead) - Aug 18, 2011
- Slapgate: Thackeray lampoons Hazare for targeting Pawar - Dec 09, 2011
- Film fraternity came out in full strength to support Anna's movement - Aug 28, 2011
- Virtual world cheers Anna triumph - Aug 28, 2011
- Government blinks, Anna on fast track (Intro Roundup) - Aug 18, 2011
- Ramdev adamant on fast, Anna upset with government (Lead) - Jun 02, 2011
- Some food for thought for Anna supporters - Aug 20, 2011
- We are victims of Congress politics : Kejriwal - Aug 25, 2011
- Manish Tewari expresses regret to Hazare - Aug 25, 2011
Tags: anna hazare, annaji, apology, congress leader, corruption, crusader, defamation, due regard, ego, legal responses, maidan, manish, milind, pawar, prestige, regrets, sincerity, tewari, top to bottom, written communication