Hayek to receive French honourJanuary 3rd, 2012 - 7:04 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Jan 3 (IANS) Mexican actress Salma Hayek is set to be honoured with French honour Legion d’Honneur.
According to the French President Nicholas Sarkozy’s official New Year’s list, Hayek will receive a formal induction, which includes a presidential medal pinning.
Her induction will likely occur at the Élysees Palace within the next two months, people.com reported as source as saying.
Past recipients of the honour are Jerry Lewis, Clint Eastwood, Robert Redford and Robert De Niro.
- McCartney to get top French honour - Sep 04, 2012
- Robert Redford Conferred The Knight Of The Legion Of Honor By French President - Oct 15, 2010
- Galliano stripped of French honour - Aug 26, 2012
- Sir Michael Caine thanks France for the wrong award - Jan 07, 2011
- Shakira receives French honour, first for a Colombian - Jan 29, 2012
- JK Rowling bestowed with Frances Legion of Honour - Feb 04, 2009
- Sarkozy presents Clint Eastwood with French honour - Nov 14, 2009
- Sarkozy honours Olivia de Havilland - Sep 10, 2010
- Clint Eastwood lands France's prestigious Legion of Honour - Nov 14, 2009
- France honoured Harry Potter's author J.K. Rowling - Feb 04, 2009
- Lata Mangeshkar conferred with Officer de la Légion d'Honneur - Dec 03, 2009
- France wants greater investment in Indian infrastructure - May 13, 2011
- Michael J. Fox to receive lifetime achievement award - Feb 05, 2011
- Donald Sutherland honored in France - Jun 11, 2012
- Salma Hayek proud of Mexican roots - Aug 25, 2012