Hashish from Nepal seized, 3 arrested (Lead)June 12th, 2009 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 12 (IANS) Three men, involved in bringing contraband drugs from Nepal and supplying them in various parts of India, were arrested in Uttar Pradesh’s Sultanpur district with hashish worth Rs.25 crore, police said Friday.
“The drug was being taken to Haryana from Bihar. The three people arrested - Pramod, Dayaram and Abhay Raj - were bringing the drugs, which were packed in 100 packets of 500 grams each and hidden in a special chamber built in the floor of their vehicle,” Sultanpur’s Superintendent of Police R.K.Chaturvedi told IANS.
“During interrogation, the accused revealed that the drug was smuggled from Nepal to Bihar, from where it was sent to various destinations across the country,” he added.
Police teams will be sent to Bihar and Haryana to find others involved in the trade. “We have got some names and hope to make more arrests soon from Bihar and Haryana and other places in the neighbouring states,” Chaturvedi said.
The three arrested are all residents of Uttar Pradesh, and were part of the drug racket since the last two years, police said.
Sultanpur is about 150 km from Lucknow.
- 3 bringing hashish from Nepal arrested - Jun 12, 2009
- Six drug peddlers arrested - Mar 29, 2011
- Two arrested, drugs worth over Rs.62 lakh seized - May 07, 2011
- Drug peddlers arrested in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 02, 2010
- Huge cache of drugs seized in Kathmandu - Jul 05, 2010
- Eight held with heroin worth Rs.2 crore - Feb 14, 2011
- Three drug peddlers nabbed in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 27, 2010
- Nepali women held with Rs.20 lakh drugs - Sep 29, 2011
- Two women held with cannabis worth Rs.3 crore - Feb 24, 2011
- Two drug peddlers held in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 09, 2011
- Two Nepali women nabbed with cannabis - Dec 25, 2010
- Three arrested with drugs worth Rs.1 crore - Feb 07, 2011
- Three arrested with antique idol in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 06, 2010
- Two drug peddlers nabbed with Rs.50 lakh worth heroin - Jan 21, 2011
- Two drug peddlers nabbed with Rs.1 crore-worth heroin - Apr 19, 2011