Hasan Ali’s custody extended till June 7June 2nd, 2011 - 5:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 2 (IANS) A court here Thursday extended till June 7 the judicial custody of Hasan Ali, allgedly the country’s top tax evader and money launderer.
“Principal Sessions Judge Sapna Joshi extended his custody till June 7 and will hear his bail plea also on the same day,” Khan’s lawyer I.P. Bagaria told IANS.
Khan was taken into custody by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) March 17 after the Supreme Court cancelled his bail granted by a trial court.
Among other things, Khan is suspected to have stashed away around $8 billion in Swiss bank accounts, transferred cash and assets out of the country through dubious means and evaded taxes on income with a suspected liability of over Rs.40,000 crore.
- Hasan Ali's judicial custody extended till June 2 - May 19, 2011
- Hasan Ali's judicial custody extended till April 26 - Apr 13, 2011
- Hasan Ali's bail plea hearing adjourned till June 17 - Jun 07, 2011
- Court dismisses Hasan Ali's bail plea (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Hasan Ali's judicial custody extended till May 7 - Apr 26, 2011
- Hasan Ali case: Hearing adjourned till April 29 - Apr 20, 2011
- Hasan Ali chargesheeted by ED - May 06, 2011
- Hasan Ali's judicial custody extended till Wednesday - May 09, 2011
- Hasan Ali granted bail, collapses in courtroom - Aug 12, 2011
- Hasan Ali sent to judicial custody till April 8 - Mar 25, 2011
- Is Hasan Ali's money the proceeds of crime, asks court - Aug 01, 2011
- Hasan Ali suffers stroke, to seek bail: Lawyer - Oct 30, 2011
- Hasan Ali sent to judicial custody till April 8 (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Probe if MCOCA can be slapped on Hasan Ali: Court - Oct 01, 2011
- Enforcement Directorate questions tax evader Hasan Ali Khan - Mar 07, 2011
Tags: assets, bail plea, ed march, enforcement directorate, hasan ali, joshi, judicial custody, lawyer, march 17, money launderer, mumbai, rs 40, sapna, sessions, supreme court, swiss bank, tax evader, trial court