Haryana woman, daughter commit suicideAugust 17th, 2012 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
Jhajjar (Haryana), Aug 17 (IANS) Unable to find her husband who went missing mysteriously five years ago, a woman and her teenaged daughter committed suicide in a village in Haryana’s Jhajjar district, police said Friday.
The bodies of Poonam, 35, and her daughter, Munesh, 16, were found hanging from a tree at their farm near Guda village by villagers Thursday evening. The village is on the Jhajjar-Rohtak road, 50 km from Delhi.
The villagers called police who brought down the bodies and recovered a suicide note from the spot.
Police officials here said they were investigating the case on a complaint from Dharamvir Singh, father of Poonam.
“In her suicide note, Poonam said her husband Naresh had gone missing under mysterious circumstances five years ago. The family had no information of him since then,” a spokesman of Jhajjar police told IANS.
“The note said the family was shattered, and the mother and daughter were voluntarily ending their lives. They held no one responsible,” the spokesman added.
- Man kills wife, sister-in-law in Haryana - Jun 02, 2012
- Honour killing: Man held for daughter's murder - Jul 16, 2011
- Haryana Police to monitor 'crime-prone' villages - Jul 03, 2012
- Prison van attacked in Haryana, three dead - Mar 10, 2012
- Haryana cop commits suicide - Apr 05, 2011
- After village court allows live-in, woman, stepson forced to leave village - Jul 23, 2012
- Cop's son kills mother - May 02, 2012
- Haryana man strangles daughters after tiff with wife - Apr 17, 2012
- Rs.40 lakh looted from Haryana farmer - Jun 30, 2012
- Rohtak medical student falls from hostel roof, dies - Jul 06, 2012
- Woman kills mother-in-law with paramour's help - Aug 18, 2012
- Three of family murdered in Haryana's Sonipat - Apr 20, 2012
- Another custodial death in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 08, 2011
- Haryana couple shot by girl's family, critical - Jun 08, 2012
- Assailants ambush police van, three prisoners killed (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012