Haryana to recruit 11,000 constablesSeptember 10th, 2012 - 10:56 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Sep 10 (IANS) Haryana has decided to expand its police force and has sanctioned 11,000 new posts of constables for the purpose, the state police chief said Monday.
Applications for the posts would be invited soon, Haryana Director General of Police (DGP) Ranjeev Singh Dalal told reporters after a state-level meeting on welfare of police officials at the Recruitment Training Centre (RTC) in Bhondsi, 11 km from here.
He said the government was also trying to provide facilities like more residences and schools for children of police personnel so that they could perform their duty with more dedication.
The DGP said housing projects for police personnel were being constructed in Gurgaon, Faridabad, Rohtak, Panchkula and Sonepat.
“The allotment of 400 quarters in Gurgaon Police Lines, which was inaugurated by the chief minister recently, would be started in another 10 days,” he told reporters.
The new police lines, being developed on 60 acres of land near Manesar, would be ready in about a year’s time, according to Dalal.
In reply to a question, he said four new police training centres have been opened at Hisar, Ambala, Jind and Faridabad where about 500 constables would be stationed and they could be rushed to nearby areas in case of any trouble.
On providing protection to industrial establishments in the state, the DGP said that an Indian Reserve Battalion (IRB) has been stationed in IMT (Industrial Model Township) Manesar after the recent violence at the Maruti factory there.
- Haryana sets up police stations to check power, water theft - Feb 05, 2011
- Mirchpur caste violence: Protests spread to more areas (Lead) - Jan 24, 2011
- Special police stations to tackle power, water theft - Dec 06, 2011
- Floods wash away Ambala-Hisar highway - Jul 09, 2010
- Haryana to set up new industrial estates - Dec 14, 2010
- Mirchpur violence: Jat protest enters 11th day - Jan 25, 2011
- BSF trooper found hanging in training campus - Mar 26, 2012
- Jat agitators block roads, tracks again in Haryana - Mar 09, 2012
- Jats likely to intensify stir in Haryana - Mar 10, 2012
- Haryana to post police battalion in Manesar - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,