Haryana shuffles police officers after woman’s suicideJune 12th, 2008 - 2:05 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 11 (IANS) The Haryana police Wednesday effected major reshuffle of its officers in the wake of suicide by a woman in the police headquarters alleging rape by policemen. “Rohtak IG (Inspector General) Anil Dabra has been transferred and made director vigilance of Electricity Board. Hanif Qureshi, Superintendent of Police (SP) of Rohtak,, is also transferred and his new posting is awaited. Rohtak DSP (deputy superintendent of police) Dheeraj Setia has also been transferred,” Ranjiv Dalal, director general of police (DGP) of Haryana police, told reporters here.
“V. Kamraja from central deputation and Alok Mittal, SP of Faridabad, will take the positions of IG and SP of Rohtak police respectively,” he said.
“Ram Kumar, an inspector who was investigating the case and his accomplice Ram Phal, a constable, have been dismissed for their negligence while handling the case. 21 cops of Rohtak have been transferred or shifted to police lines.”
Sarita committed suicide in the office of Haryana’s additional director general of police (ADGP) V.B. Singh Monday. She took the extreme step as she was frustrated with police inaction against head constable Balraj and constable Silak Ram, who she alleged had raped her.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Bhupinder Hooda has announced Rs.500,000 immediate relief to the victim’s family.
Earlier, the victim’s husband Subash said that they would not cremate Sarita’s body till the accused cops were caught. But finally he lit the pyre Wednesday at Rohtak cremation ground.
“Police is raiding at various places in Haryana and Rajasthan to nab the accused cops at the earliest. Once they are caught their case will be put in the fast track court for the speedy disposal,” Dalal said.
“Fixed deposit accounts will be opened in the names of daughters of the victim to provide them financial help. A government job will be given to Subash so that he can nurture his daughters in a better way,” he said.
- Shelter home exploitation: cop held for destroying evidence - Jul 06, 2012
- Two Haryana cops accused of rape dismissed - Jun 10, 2008
- Two sacked Haryana cops accused of rape arrested - Jun 12, 2008
- Punjab transfers 30 senior police officers - Aug 05, 2012
- Uneasy calm in Haryana's Hisar district - Mar 08, 2012
- Haryana: Widow molestation case victim goes missing - Jun 11, 2010
- Wife, son held for murder of retired government official - Apr 02, 2011
- High court seeks report on Haryana woman's rape, suicide - Jun 13, 2008
- Probe into abuse by Haryana cops in women's shelter (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- UP girl's murder confirmed; 11 cops, three doctors suspended (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Haryana cop commits suicide - Apr 05, 2011
- Women's panel slams Noida police for naming rape victim - Feb 27, 2012
- 26 injured as Punjab Mail derails near Rohtak (Second Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Laptops for Haryana constables - Apr 17, 2010
- Haryana cops accused of rape arrested, Hooda assures fair probe (Lead) - Jun 12, 2008