Haryana prisoner seeks parole for honeymoonMay 27th, 2008 - 7:51 pm ICT by admin
Chandigarh, May 27 (IANS) It was an unique request that the Punjab and Haryana High Court received - a prisoner asked to be granted parole to go on honeymoon. Kastur Singh, who is serving a life term for murder in Kurukshetra jail, 110 km from here, sought parole to go on a honeymoon to “exercise his conjugal rights”.
Singh earlier made the request to prison officials, who were taken aback and did not know what to do. They referred it to the divisional commissioner at Ambala, who rejected the petition.
The prisoner then moved the high court, which has asked the Haryana government to reply to its notice July 2.
Singh got married recently when he was allowed a furlough by the court for his and his sister’s wedding.
Though he returned to the prison, he found that the court had allowed him a longer furlough. He then made a plea for a parole to go on a honeymoon with his bride.
- Manu Sharma moves court for three weeks' furlough - Sep 07, 2012
- Harrowing time for residents, passengers in Haryana - Jul 07, 2010
- Manu Sharma granted parole, barred from nightclubs - Nov 16, 2011
- Haryana judges told to move high court over promotion - May 17, 2012
- Manu Sharma's parole plea decision Nov 16 (Lead) - Nov 14, 2011
- Haryana SGPC chief held, supporters block rail tracks (Lead) - Sep 15, 2010
- Court questions government on plea to help jail inmates (Lead) - Jun 01, 2011
- Haryana Sikh leader, 45 others sent to judicial custody - Sep 16, 2010
- In jail for 31 years, Lennon killer up for parole again - Aug 19, 2012
- Kidnapped from Ludhiana, 6-year-old recovered in Ambala - Jul 09, 2012
- Phoolan Devi killing accused wants to campaign in UP - Feb 14, 2012
- Anni Dewani case: Opposing psychiatrists are partners - Sep 02, 2012
- Kurukshetra University president's killer held in Gurgaon - Apr 05, 2012
- Deserter IAF officer escapes from custody, yet untraced - May 16, 2012
- No parole for Haryana prisoners in first 5 years - Jun 29, 2012