Haryana police arrest youth for raping minorNovember 4th, 2008 - 9:51 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Nov 4 (IANS) A youth from Punjab’s Jalandhar city has been arrested for allegedly abducting and raping a minor girl in Haryana on the promise of marrying her.Police officials said here Tuesday that the youth, Sushil, made a false promise to a 15-year-old girl from Ravanhera village of Kaithal district, 120 km from here, that he would marry her.
Relatives of the girl lodged a complaint with the Haryana police Nov 1 that the girl was missing from her home. They named the youth as a suspect.
After searches at various places, the police found both in Jalandhar city. While the girl was sent back to her relatives, the youth has been remanded in 14 days’ judicial custody.
A police spokesman said that the girl had given a statement that she was misled with a promise of marriage and was also raped by the accused. The rape has been proved in the medical examination of the girl, he added.
- NRI raped on pretext of marriage - Feb 08, 2011
- Pakistani held for forcing Hindu girl to marry him - Aug 07, 2012
- Haryana students to be made aware on NRI marriages - Apr 25, 2012
- Haryana university student alleges gang-rape - May 18, 2012
- Teenager abducted, gangraped in Gurgaon - May 10, 2012
- Minor basketball player saved from marriage - Jul 06, 2011
- Badal government's lone woman minister convicted, jailed (Roundup) - Mar 30, 2012
- Dhaula Kuan rape: Fourth accused nabbed - Dec 05, 2010
- 16-year-old girl in Rajasthan alleges gang rape - Jun 29, 2012
- Stopped by cops, clicked by media, Punjab girl commits suicide - Aug 30, 2012
- Haryana cop, four youths arrested in gang rape case - Jun 18, 2011
- Minister jailed for conspiracy in daughter's death (Second Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- A long, endless wait at Ranchi women's remand home - May 24, 2011
- Youth arrested for gang rape in Delhi - Aug 29, 2012
- Four arrested for raping minor girl - Feb 27, 2012