Haryana orders judicial probe into Gurgaon village killingsJune 28th, 2011 - 11:15 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 28 (IANS) The Haryana government Tuesday ordered a judicial probe into violence in Hayatpur village of Gurgaon district last week which left two people dead, including one lynched by the villagers.
Retired district and sessions judge S.K. Sardana has been appointed by the state government to conduct the judicial probe into the incident of June 23.
Village headman Rakesh was gunned down by four people while he was sitting at a vehicle service centre Thursday afternoon.
Irate villagers caught hold of one of the attackers, beat him up and later poured petrol on him and set him on fire in the presence of the police and scores of onlookers.
The attacker died in hospital later due to severe burn injuries.
The attackers had been hired by another Hayatpur resident, also named Rakesh, to kill the village headman. Both of them had strained relations over some water dispute.
Sardana has been asked to submit his report within three months, said a spokesman of the home department here.
- Village head killed near Gurgaon, one attacker lynched - Jun 23, 2011
- No arrest in village headman killing - Jun 24, 2011
- Angry villagers burn alive captured leopard - Mar 24, 2011
- Four held for burning to death Orissa executive - Mar 04, 2011
- Steel plant executive killed as workers torch vehicle (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- Seven south Kashmir village heads resign - Jun 08, 2012
- Dacoits kill five of family in UP - Aug 10, 2012
- Mob killing man for blasphemy shocks Pakistani daily - Jul 06, 2012
- Angry villagers attempt to burn official alive - Sep 10, 2011
- Teaching a lesson to the Badal government (Punjab Newsletter) - Dec 09, 2011
- Suspected thief lynched in Bihar - Mar 07, 2011
- Mob in Guatemala kills man who murdered two kids - Sep 13, 2012
- Auto-rickshaw driver sets traffic policeman on fire in Thane - Oct 28, 2010
- INLD demands judicial probe into villager's murder - Jun 10, 2011
- Two suspected criminals lynched in Bihar - Apr 27, 2011