Haryana officials prevent minor’s marriageJune 15th, 2011 - 10:02 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 15 (IANS) Officials and police made a timely intervention Wednesday and prevented the marriage of a minor boy in a Haryana village.
Child Marriage Prohibition Officer and lawyer Sadhana Mittal and Sirsa district police precented the marriage of the minor boy (name withheld) in Chakkasahiba village.
Officials said that young boy was working in the fields after passing class 5.
His wedding was arranged and was to be solemnised with a girl from Tibbi village of adjoining Rajasthan June 17.
“On getting a tip-off, the boy’s relatives were summoned to the police station. The watchman of the village informed the police that as per the official register, the boy was born on Dec 26, 1991,” an official said here.
Mittal and other officials persuaded the boy’s relatives to call off the wedding. They were also ordered to give written assurance to the police against conducting the wedding.
- Marriages of 3 minor girls prevented - Mar 11, 2011
- Child marriage prevented in Haryana - May 12, 2010
- Child marriage prevented in Haryana - Nov 30, 2010
- Dogs maul girl to death in Haryana - Apr 27, 2012
- Six Rajasthan officials injured trying to stop child marriages - Apr 21, 2012
- Vijender's reception cards land him in trouble - May 22, 2011
- Rajasthan girl seeks annulment of her child marriage - Jun 18, 2012
- Another Rajasthan woman wants annulment of child marriage - Jun 27, 2012
- Minor basketball player saved from marriage - Jul 06, 2011
- Odisha court orders boy to clean hospital area for theft - Apr 28, 2012
- Six-year-old Pakistani girl rescued from wedding venue - Nov 30, 2010
- National emblem misuse: Boxer Vijender's father in the dock - Jun 30, 2011
- Groom, six others killed on way back from wedding - Apr 24, 2012
- Japanese weds Islamic style in Bihar - Mar 02, 2011
- Gay couple in UP on run after marrying - Apr 13, 2012