Haryana, Maruti to set up Rs.250mn driving schoolJanuary 16th, 2009 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 16 (IANS) Haryana has tied up with automobile giant Maruti-Suzuki to set up a Rs.250-million (Rs.25-crore) driving training and research school in the state.The foundation stone of the proposed school was laid by Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda at Bahadurgarh, 250 km from Chandigarh.
The driving school will provide training to over 12,000 drivers per year, Hooda announced. It will start functioning later this year and will be spread over 14 acres.
Hooda said two more driving training schools would be set up with collaboration of Maruti-Suzuki and Tata Motors in Rohtak and Kaithal.
- Maruti to invest Rs.1,700 crore in Manesar plant: Haryana minister - Aug 24, 2012
- Haryana gets Rs 4,700 crore industrial investment - Apr 23, 2012
- Haryana's industry scene is a 'mini-Japan' - Jan 23, 2011
- Maruti not shifting from Haryana, Bhargava assures Hooda - Jul 23, 2012
- Modi to visit Japan, meet Suzuki officials (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Manesar violence blow to Maruti, may hit Japanese investment - Jul 20, 2012
- Haryana plans new automobile hub - Jan 10, 2011
- Haryana to set up new industrial estates - Dec 14, 2010
- Haryana CWG medal winners to get cars too! - Oct 16, 2010
- Not shying from investing in Haryana plants: Maruti Suzuki - Nov 03, 2011
- Haryana industry development firm earns Rs.60 cr - Nov 02, 2009
- Labour pains for Haryana government (Haryana Newsletter) - Jul 27, 2012
- Subhash Ghai's Haryana plot cancelled (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Haryana offers land for cargo airport - Jul 29, 2012
- Panasonic to invest Rs.10 bn on Haryana factory - Feb 20, 2011