Haryana introduces mother-new born tracking softwareJuly 3rd, 2011 - 9:03 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 3 (IANS) The Haryana health department has developed a ‘Mother and Child Tracking’ software to curb the menace of female foeticide and ensure timely health check-ups of mothers and children, an official said here Sunday.
The health department spokesperson said that the software has already been uploaded in the computers installed in all community health centres (CHCs).
Health workers have been roped in for the registration of mothers and children through this software.
The spokesman said that officials and health workers had been asked to identify and register the pregnant women in their respective areas.
“Information collected by the health workers would be fed in the computers of health centres and information would be made available online. Officers of the department would regularly monitor the information regarding pregnant women and children and take effective steps to check the menace of female foeticide in the state,” he added.
Haryana has the worst sex ratio in the country, with only 877 females per 1,000 males as per estimates of Census-2011.
However, the state improved its sex ratio from a dismal 861 females per 1,000 males recorded in the 2001 census.
- Haryana takes another step to stop female foeticide - May 09, 2012
- Sex ratio declining in Kashmir - Mar 20, 2012
- President concerned over declining sex ratio - Jan 14, 2012
- Though India's worst, Haryana's sex ratio is best in 110 years - Apr 10, 2011
- 'Urgent need to restore gender balance in J&K;' - Jul 22, 2012
- Lowest in literacy but with highest sex ratio - Apr 07, 2011
- Haryana to install chips to monitor ultrasound machines - May 18, 2012
- Sex ratio of Haryana improves - Aug 12, 2011
- Unfolding at Haryana hospital - saga of abandoned daughters - May 01, 2012
- Haryana doctor held for sex determination test - Apr 20, 2011
- Haryana records marginal rise in child sex ratio - Apr 05, 2011
- This summer, Kashmir to fight murderers of another kind - May 19, 2011
- Goa looks to Kolhapur scheme to improve sex ratio - Jun 01, 2011
- Declining sex ratio attributed to misuse of medical technology - Dec 18, 2011
- Kashmir doubles reward for tip-offs on illegal sex tests - Nov 29, 2011
Tags: census, check ups, community health centres, estimates, female foeticide, females, health check, health department, health workers, mother and child, pregnant women, sex ratio, spokesman said that, spokesperson, timely health, tracking software, uploaded, ups