Haryana honours Sanskrit, Punjabi litterateursJune 24th, 2008 - 9:54 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 24 (IANS) Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Tuesday exhorted litterateurs to promote moral values and patriotism among the youth through creative writing. Expressing these views after honouring litterateurs in Sanskrit and Punjabi with state level awards here, Hooda said that the contribution of litterateurs in India’s development could not be ignored.
Hooda gave away the Rs.100,000 Maharishi Valmiki award to Sanskrit writer Jai Narayan Shastri.
The Maharishi Ved Vyas and Ban Bhatt Sanskrit awards of Rs.51,000 each were given to Bharat Bhushan Sanghi and Virender Kumar Alankar.
The Rs.100,000 award of Punjabi litterateur was given to Rajender Singh Bhatti. G.D. Chaudhary and Amrik Singh were also honoured with Punjabi writings award of Rs.51,000 each.
“Sanskrit language is the mother of all languages and Vedas, Puranas, Upnishads, Mahabharata and Srimad Bhagwad Gita had been written in Sanskrit language. A number of Sanskrit language words had been found in the other languages also,” Hooda said.
He said that his government would encourage all languages, and it was in that direction that the award money had been enhanced for Sanskrit and Punjabi literature awards.
- Haryana announces three awards on Women's Day - Mar 08, 2010
- Haryana institutes awards for women - Oct 17, 2010
- Sahitya Akademi to honour four northeastern writers - Aug 04, 2011
- Women achievers felicitated in Delhi - Dec 07, 2010
- Hooda learning Punjabi - Haryana's second language - Mar 28, 2010
- Hooda visits 92-year-old freedom fighter at home - Aug 15, 2010
- Growing concern over vernacular, classical literature at Jaipur fest - Jan 22, 2011
- Cash, cars, mobile phones, ghee - Haryana CWG winners take it all! - Oct 30, 2010
- Haryana government announces state sports fund - Nov 21, 2009
- Haryana chief minister wants Olympics in India - Oct 10, 2010
- Sushil Kumar felicitated in Chandni Chowk - Sep 01, 2012
- Prisoner takes up literary pursuit, writes religious books in Gwalior Jail - Sep 29, 2009
- Honest Punjab cop returns lost purse to driver - Dec 20, 2010
- Haryana government felicitates Asian Games athletes - Dec 22, 2010
- Haryana Police to give Rs. 51 lakh to Yogeshwar Dutt - Aug 23, 2012