Haryana gets juvenile justice boardsFebruary 19th, 2010 - 8:19 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Feb 19 (IANS) In a bid to effectively implement the provisions of the Juvenile Justice Act, the Haryana government has set up juvenile justice boards and child welfare committees in each district, except in the newly-created district of Palwal.
“Juvenile justice boards and child welfare committees are aimed at ensuring proper upkeep of abandoned children and their rehabilitation through adoption by willing families through notified placement agencies,” said Geeta Bhukkal, the state’s woman and child development minister, here Friday.
She added: “For the welfare of needy juveniles, we have set up a juvenile justice fund and a budget provision of Rs.20 lakh was made in 2009-10 for this fund. A special juvenile police unit has also been established in the state police.”
Bhukkal said the state government has already taken up various measures to implement the provisions of Juvenile Justice Act in its true spirit across Haryana.
“The act is aimed at welfare and rehabilitation of children in need of care and protection as well as for the children who are in conflict with the law,” she pointed out.
- Adoption guidelines revised in 2011: Minister - Aug 17, 2012
- Improve child labourers' rehabilitation, court tells Delhi - Jan 12, 2011
- 'West Bengal lags in juvenile justice' - Nov 12, 2011
- Juvenile justice system ineffective: Enforcement agencies - May 27, 2012
- Haryana to run 100 schools in public partnership - Feb 06, 2011
- 'Condition of Delhi's street children hasn't improved' - May 26, 2012
- Set up child rights, justice panels 'forthwith': apex court - Jan 22, 2010
- SC orders formation of CWCs and JJBs for children in each district within 6 weeks - Jan 22, 2010
- CABE to form panel on teachers' training - Jun 06, 2012
- Scandalous state of Mathura's child welfare homes - Jun 25, 2012
- Scandalous state of Mathura's child welfare homes (Lead, changing dateline) - Jun 25, 2012
- Probe into abuse by Haryana cops in women's shelter (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Special police units for juveniles in Bihar - May 15, 2010
- Workers' welfare boards' accounts to be audited: Apex court (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Kashmir's Juvenile Justice Act to be amended: Omar - Apr 21, 2011
Tags: adoption, budget provision, child development, child welfare, children in need, committees, development minister, haryana government, justice fund, juvenile justice act, juveniles, lakh, placement agencies, police unit, proper upkeep, provisions, state government, state police, true spirit, woman and child