Haryana family booked for dowry deathNovember 23rd, 2010 - 1:47 pm ICT by IANS
Panchkula (Haryana), Nov 23 (IANS) Three days after a woman’s body was recovered from her house here, police Tuesday booked her husband and four of his family members for killing her for dowry.
Payal, in her early 30s, was found dead at her home in Sector 26 Friday, a police officer said. Her body was recovered from a water tank at the house.
“The deceased’s father had complained that his daughter was harassed by her husband’s family for dowry. He said that he had already given dowry worth lakhs of rupees,” the officer said.
Vinod Kumar, Payal’s husband, is an operator in the military telephone exchange department. His parents, brother, and another relative too have been arrested.
“We suspect that Payal was first strangulated to death, and then dropped in the water tank to give an impression of accidental death or a suicide,” he added.
Payal, a resident of Faridabad town in Haryana, was married to Vinod around 10 years ago. The couple have a son and a daughter.
- Dowry death: Four booked in Punjab - Jul 01, 2011
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Honour killing: Man held for daughter's murder - Jul 16, 2011
- Dumb woman killed, body chopped in Bihar - Apr 17, 2012
- Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi - May 26, 2012
- Bihar teacher beaten to death for dowry - Mar 21, 2012
- Man kills wife and three children, then himself - Sep 06, 2012
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Woman jumps to death from Noida flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Man held for killing girlfriend - May 14, 2011
- Haryana man strangles daughters after tiff with wife - Apr 17, 2012
- Woman burnt to death in Greater Noida - Aug 09, 2010
- Woman jumps to death, parents allege dowry murder - Mar 20, 2010
- Raids continue on Kanda's homes, offices (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012